Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

New helmet

Article about: That's a great lid for your first one mate! Well done,looks a beauty. Next station SS central then! Leon.

Default Re: New helmet

That's a great lid for your first one mate! Well done,looks a beauty. Next station SS central then! Leon.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New helmet
    P
    Many

I'm expecting another one to arrive some time in the future from its world travel that I might hang onto as I'm last on the list, I normally wouldn't want one that has been vandalized with graffiti but I think this particular one could be quite entertaining!...........lol

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    That's a great lid for your first one mate! Well done,looks a beauty. Next station SS central then! Leon.
    It'll be a long journey to that station mate but that is the long term plan! I'd like just one nice decalled SS helmet, it will take some time to get there but I'm pretty determined. I bought Kelly Hick's book several months back which I've been studying, I don't expect to ever have the knowledge of Doug etc...but I do want to have some knowledge on the subject purely for my own satisfaction and, of course, anything I'm looking at will be posted here before I move on it.

Quote by sandgroper View Post
    It'll be a long journey to that station mate but that is the long term plan! I'd like just one nice decalled SS helmet, it will take some time to get there but I'm pretty determined. I bought Kelly Hick's book several months back which I've been studying, I don't expect to ever have the knowledge of Doug etc...but I do want to have some knowledge on the subject purely for my own satisfaction and, of course, anything I'm looking at will be posted here before I move on it.
    I know what you mean mate,i only have the one SS helmet and that's all I intend to get as well.They are just so expensive for me,on a postmans wages. If I were a banker i'm sure I could afford more and probably put them on company expenses!!! Anyway,here's a picture of my one,i display it with KL letters and currency that I get from Carl(TIGER88). Leon.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New helmet  

Nice helmet Leon! They are very expensive, that is also why I'll only ever have the one. I do think that they are a good investment though, at least that is how I'm trying to sell the idea to the fun prevention officer (wife). I've also bought a few bits and pieces from Carl, a very decent and honest bloke to deal with and a fella I'd like to have a beer with one day.

That's a good one

?

Quote by sandgroper View Post
    Funny how the photos highlight those discolourations, the helmet is much more uniform in colour than the pics show.
    That's the "flash" effect, best not to use a flash when shooting helmets as you don't get a proper representation of the helmet. Nice no decal, a must for any collection! Re the SS helmet I would be glad to assist when your ready!

PS there isn't much I buy anymore in SS lids, and my wall is full so I think your safe lol.

Thanks Doug, I'll certainly be running any helmet by you before I buy, much appreciated mate!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2