Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

New helmets for my collection

Article about: Yesterday i had a german friend of mine at home .. he had something to trade with me !!! My m42 familly! hope you like it !! cheers!

about the rest of chinstrap i think it's one of an foreign europe country ! maybe a ww2 repair ! what do you think about it?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New helmets for my collection
    P
    Many

the non camo manufacture is NS and the size is 66 !!
    you spoke about an camo for the quist manufacture?

Ah, I thought it might be NS if not a Quist, they have similar traits. A Quist M42 would be quite rare as I'm sure you know

yes but i didn't understood at the first time !!

?

I very much doubt it was a wartime repair, chinstraps would have been widely available, either from other helmets from kia or from unit supplies

?

I saw that rivet on the chinstrap, too. The liner on the first helmet looks nice will these be going on eBay?

Nice original M-42's chinstrap on one has been mentioned. I like the bread bag and the KS98 by Alcoso also. timothy

Quote by davejb View Post
    I very much doubt it was a wartime repair, chinstraps would have been widely available, either from other helmets from kia or from unit supplies
    I once had a ET M35/40 with original riveted straps for a lefty-- but unlike this type of rivet.

Harvest-- what was traded for all of this if I may ask?

hi guyz !!
    i trade these to helmets between two shell of m16 camoed helmets !
    i never said taht the chinstrap is an german one but i said it certainly from the wartime but provide for an other country ! as i saw sometimes on good helmets !!

There was recently a discussion on GHW about riveted chinstraps as seen on some of the rare qvl / bvl M42 shells. They used the same type of rivet as on other field gear, k98 ammo pouches and shovel covers etc. They were not exactly like this but it was worth mentioning.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2