Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New M42

Article about: Hi. I bought this one quite cheap (130€). Its a battle damaged M42 with original liner but unfortunately the chinstrap is missing. Anyway I'm pleased with it. Can you guys help me figu

Default New M42

Hi. I bought this one quite cheap (130€). Its a battle damaged M42 with original liner but unfortunately the chinstrap is missing. Anyway I'm pleased with it.

Can you guys help me figure out the maker off this one?
    Its marked 225 and Hkp(?)56

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New M42
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: New M42

Nice m42, but i would definately restore some life into the liner with some lanoline or petroleum jelly to take the stiffness out, it would also preserve the leather for longer

Hi dave.
    Yeah I've been thinking about that too, but i don't wanna make the same mistake as I did with the M35...

?

you shouldnt do any harm to the liner by using the petroleum jelly or the lanoline, just remember to use sparingly and go slowly, supporting each liner finger in turn and use small circular movements, there is another method that ive used before but it takes a lot of practise and i wouldnt want to let you try it on a really nice helmet

I always leave my helmets "as is" ... but that is all part of collector preference! Looks like you got a nice HKP 66 lid....a larger size (the 66 is the size of the shell in cm's).
    The liner is most probably a 58cm.
    HKP was SE before they changed their code. SE stands for Sächsische Emaillier u. Stanzwerke

Hope this offers you a little more info on your helmet!
    Congrats on the purchase!

Rob

I would leave it like it is.I really like this bullet damage ,this one looks 100% original too many times you see a helmet with 3 to 4 bullet in it but was really done by hunters but yours I like.

Hi, Thanks for replying.

Yeah I think I will leave it as it is. Don't want to take the risk it.

Yeah I like the bullet damage. It also looks like the liner is a little bloodsoaked (forehead area)

Hello,
    Yes, it is a nice combat helmet, but i find something strange, two bullet impacts close to each other, one bullet is gone through and the other one didn't...I just hope for you that it is not a postwar "hunters or teenagers" shooting...but as you'll never know it does not really matter.
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Quote by JPhilip View Post
    Hello,
    Yes, it is a nice combat helmet, but i find something strange, two bullet impacts close to each other, one bullet is gone through and the other one didn't...I just hope for you that it is not a postwar "hunters or teenagers" shooting...but as you'll never know it does not really matter.
    Thanks
    I wondered about the other impact as well, and how whatever hit it
    did not go through. Perhaps occurring at a later date.
    Banged against something or dropped...........?

However it happened, it is still a very nice helmet,
    at a great price too - I like it !
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Nice late war helmet.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast