Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

New M42 ex winter camo arrived today, Opinions please!

Article about: Hello Gent´s, New helmet arrived today. It is a nice M42 ex winter camo with battle damage. Ring of liner in poor condition. Leftovers of the decal on the left with nice golden shine. What d

Default New M42 ex winter camo arrived today, Opinions please!

Hello Gent´s,
    New helmet arrived today.
    It is a nice M42 ex winter camo with battle damage.
    Ring of liner in poor condition.
    Leftovers of the decal on the left with nice golden shine. What do you think, KM or aged HEER?
    I think there is whitewash on the original painting an above the whitewash is a new green painting.
    No manufacturer visible but i can guess the lot-nr. 18X9...
    What do you think about camo and decal?
    Your opinions are welcome, thank you.
    Best Regards.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New M42 ex winter camo arrived today, Opinions please!   New M42 ex winter camo arrived today, Opinions please!  

New M42 ex winter camo arrived today, Opinions please!   New M42 ex winter camo arrived today, Opinions please!  

New M42 ex winter camo arrived today, Opinions please!   New M42 ex winter camo arrived today, Opinions please!  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New M42 ex winter camo arrived today, Opinions please!
    P
    Many

Some pictures in the daylight...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New M42 ex winter camo arrived today, Opinions please!   New M42 ex winter camo arrived today, Opinions please!  

Photo no.8 does have somewhat of a sparkle to the swastika as KM decals have. But how many would end up with white wash applied? I'd imagine that would be quite unusual.
    I think it's quite a nice battle damaged helmet though, a worthy addition to any collection.
    Nick

Taking a real close look at the decal in direct/indirect sunlight may reveal if it's really gold or not.
    I think it should be a real dark deep yellow color in indirect sunlight that lights up bright in direct sunlight and reflects red/orange and even some green ''sparkles''.

(This is only a personal observation/thought, as I am by no means an experienced helmet collector)

Very nice helmet!

Frank has a blog entry on his site German Helmet Vault that talks about KM decals. Worth checking out:
    https://germanhelmetvault.com/catego...et-vault-blog/

someone else with a few thoughts