MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

New ww1 Austrian/German helmet

Article about: pammy, great photos of the KuK !....I cant make anything out re/ink marks on your helmet, sorry. As for value, got to be around \\$800.

Default re: New ww1 Austrian/German helmet

pammy, leave it alone, it already has its liner, suffering only a little deteriation.... if you add another liner you will ruin its originality and its value. Its a super helmet and worth the money you paid for it. The other one you talk about (the police thingy) in my opinion doesnt exist ! ..... your helmet is, a WW1 Austro-Hungarian model 1916 steel helmet, rarer than a model 16/17 German equivalent.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New ww1 Austrian/German helmet
    P
    Many

?

Default re: New ww1 Austrian/German helmet

Trying to show the color better,this is a little better but no were like it looks inperson
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New ww1 Austrian/German helmet  

?

Default Re: New australia ww1 german

Thank you for the kind words,what abought the little bit of surface rust on the very bottom of the helmet?a little wd 40 ?thanks again..

Default Re: New ww1 Austrian/German helmet

Looks like an honest Austrian M17 to me. It's not mint and it wasn't a bargain but I would like to add one of these to the collection one day. Can you find any maker stamps on the shell inside or under the leather?

?

Hi,i will try to look,all i can see right now is the size 66 its big!what do you think its worth?thanks need opinions on the value part also..

Quote by oradour View Post
    pammy, ive never heard the rural police story before.
    Austrian police helmets during the interwar period were refurbished with a different liner and leather chinstrap, the rivets of these helmets weren't flat. Hope this helps

?

Hi,how does it look on this light?this is something my aunt made in the 70s for holloween ..NO ONE STILL TOLD ME HOW MUCH ITS REALY WORTH?I CAN TAKE IT..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New ww1 Austrian/German helmet  

I would pay US$500 -600 tops.

?

Sold! Thanks..

Quote by magicdutchmen View Post
    Austrian police helmets during the interwar period were refurbished with a different liner and leather chinstrap, the rivets of these helmets weren't flat. Hope this helps
    in other words a completly different helmet to this one......a lot of surplus equipment was reworked for police use interwar, i have a Bavarian greatcoat re-used by a German police dept.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast