Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

New ww1 Austrian/German helmet

Article about: pammy, great photos of the KuK !....I cant make anything out re/ink marks on your helmet, sorry. As for value, got to be around \\$800.

?

Default Re: New ww1 Austrian/German helmet

just a little confused excatly what is mine?thank you guys realy a lot for the help,you are all great!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New ww1 Austrian/German helmet
    P
    Many

?

found numbers on the very bottom of helmet D. 8. 1. does anyone know what that is? the first letter or number is hard to make out its either a D ,O B ? MY LOUP WILL NOT GET DOWN IN THERE I THINK ITS A D ,,,.PRETTY SURE 89 % SURE.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New ww1 Austrian/German helmet  
    Last edited by pammy; 05-13-2010 at 04:38 AM.

I like these older helmets, with the studs sticking out the sides, it gives them some class.

very nice helmet.

Brian

pammy, it is a WW1 Austro-Hungarian steel helmet, not made after the war or Police, but a wartime helmet. I have studied the marks stamped into the crown of your helmet and i believe they read 'B 8 1 ', this number is the 'heating lot' code indicating where the steel the helmet was stamped from was milled, in this case from the 'Bleckmann' steel rolling mill in Klando Boemia. Notice the '1' has been superimposed over an '0', this obviously corrects a mistake made at the time to re identify the batch by the helmet maker. Have you looked at the area below the chinstrap mounts on the skirt, are there any letters/numbers, for example 'AW 66'. It is not uncommon for Austro-Hungarian helmets to be found without maker marks.

?

Hi Oradour,thanak you so very much for the help on this helmet ,as thats amazing as to all the information on it!!thats just great something i can typ up and put with the helmet incase something were to happen to me my daughter would know what she has!oh,i wanted to ask your opinion on the insurance value/market value on this helmet in its condition ?the linner is mostly there ,i guess you can say but i put most of the cloth/leather in a plastic bag and like you said leave it alone,and thats what i will do ..thank you again..here is the only thing i see ,it looks like an old ink stamp but can not make it out!!here is a picture that i tryed to catch it but i realy dont think you could make it out?it does have 66 on the liner band. the ink may or may not be there,as i might be trying to hard to find something as it just looked like something but not sure??i know i did good on the price and it was not a $1000 that was what a dealer had one on his site for,as i just wanded an insurance price so i can insure..thank you so much for your time..pammy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New ww1 Austrian/German helmet   New ww1 Austrian/German helmet  

Last edited by pammy; 05-13-2010 at 08:15 PM.

?

found this on the web search..Austrian soldier is wearing a M17 helmet painted Austrian brown with cloth chin strap .....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New ww1 Austrian/German helmet  

?

this is a ww1 us guy with war souvenirs he brang back..
    Last edited by pammy; 05-14-2010 at 02:49 AM.

?

Austro-Hungarian prisoners wearing trench coats to keep warm. Soldier in the front has a shoulder roll on the outside of his trench coat to help hold his rifle on his shoulder when marching

?

Austrian Storm troop training. These elite troops had the job of removing enemy obstacles such as barbed wire machine gun nests and guards in battle using hand grenades, daggers, and clubs. The purpose was to help attacking troops get to their objectives. They were equipped with steel helmets, short rifles, hand grenades, M17 trench knives and supported by machine guns, and infantry guns.

Good research there, Pammy !

I love the new lid !!

Regards, Steve.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast