Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Newbie here

Article about: Hello, I am an avid American M1 collector, but I have just come across this guy on ebay selling relic German helmets. Something about them rang all alarm bells, but not being a German helmet

Default Re: Newbie here

Quote by aj4010 View Post
    Yep, I will post them. Still finding my feet at this forum at the moment. I am lucky enough to have WW1 painted dough boys, Bataan, or Pearl Harbour lids, early Hawleys, right through to the 80's woodland.

Been collecting a while. Suspect this is off topic :-)

Regards,

Andy.

PS. I have friends in America. They found me something in a yard sale. It was a complete WW2 Marine helmet , with original first issue cammo cover, without slits, green chinstrap buckle, this guy, the owner of this lid, did not even take the time to cut holes in it with his K-bar to slip the bails through. Must have been an officer!

Ten Bucks. Plus shipping.

Kind regards,

Andy
    Awesome! I have a lot of the same stuff... I'll have to share mine w you. I'm still looking for a USMC WW2 M1 w cammo cover

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Newbie here
    P
    Many

I've got a lid that has a couple of cracks in like that with no apparent damage. My thought was extreme cold and a sharp shock as if it has been dropped, it is a winter camo so I think it's plausable. Concussion fractures can also happen from large blasts like artillery as has been said.

Look forward to seeing your lids AJ, always good to see another UK based collector too, welcome.

?

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    I've got a lid that has a couple of cracks in like that with no apparent damage. My thought was extreme cold and a sharp shock as if it has been dropped, it is a winter camo so I think it's plausable. Concussion fractures can also happen from large blasts like artillery as has been said.

Look forward to seeing your lids AJ, always good to see another UK based collector too, welcome.
    Thanks for the info KradSpam, and thanks to all for the welcome. I think I am going to like it here!

KradSpam, that Black Adder sig is a killer, wish I'd thought of that. :-)

AJ

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2