Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

nice helmet

Article about: nice helmet for sale in my home town.i think it looks like a good one..

Default nice helmet

nice helmet for sale in my home town.i think it looks like a good one..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture nice helmet   nice helmet  

nice helmet   nice helmet  

nice helmet   nice helmet  

nice helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement nice helmet
    P
    Many

The chicken wire is a later addition. Not sure what happened with the decal and there does appear to be a name inside the rim. If the price is right then it has a chance.

Quote by BlackCat1982 View Post
    The chicken wire is a later addition. Not sure what happened with the decal and there does appear to be a name inside the rim. If the price is right then it has a chance.
    here is a pic of the name in it..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture nice helmet  

Early M35 with non-reinforced band, probably field? repainted later on with decal scratched off as per regulations in '42.....
    The lower wire ring looks good, chicken mesh is at least the correct twist and may be OK as it looks a bit "rough & ready".
    Fakers in my experience take too much trouble with these ......
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

I see absolutely nothing to make me think this was not wired 2 years ago. No interaction with shell, no ghosting. Wire has traces of a darker paint which is different from shell color. Red rust, possibly repro decals removed. Off the top of my head, I can't recall a heer decal being scratched off. Painted over, yes. Believe post war fabrication IMO.

But as I always say...."You like it, go for it" !!

By the way , your OP you stated it "Looks like a good one". What details or signs do you see that make you think it is original ?
    Maybe I am wrong
    Last edited by real steel; 09-22-2017 at 03:10 PM.

Quote by real steel View Post
    I see absolutely nothing to make me think this was not wired 2 years ago. No interaction with shell, no ghosting. Wire has traces of a darker paint which is different from shell color. Red rust, possibly repro decals removed. Off the top of my head, I can't recall a heer decal being scratched off. Painted over, yes. Believe post war fabrication IMO.

But as I always say...."You like it, go for it" !!

By the way , your OP you stated it "Looks like a good one". What details or signs do you see that make you think it is original ?
    Maybe I am wrong
    yes i can see what you are saying.maybe is post war fabrication.i do not know alot about it.but am not going to buy this one.

Hi, a good original M35 with removed decals. As for the basket, I totally agree with the gents above, post war added as there is no correlation of wear to the steel, that said, if the price is right, get it and remove the fencing. Leon.

MAP
    ?

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Hi, a good original M35 with removed decals. As for the basket, I totally agree with the gents above, post war added as there is no correlation of wear to the steel, that said, if the price is right, get it and remove the fencing. Leon.
    Agree, buy if for the price of a normal helmet in similar condition and remove the "fencing" as Leon states.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)