Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Nice m42 - as found condition

Article about: Picked this one up today for a very reasonable price. It is a nice M42 with no decals. Looks to me like there never were decals. Any comments are appreciated.

?

Very nice!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Nice m42 - as found condition
    P
    Many

Thank you for the kind comments.
    And you are right about the paint thing.
    Seems they are always stored in the garage and inevitably someone drops some paint on them.

Quote by M422A1 View Post
    Nice helmet! I have similar one. Soon, no decal M42's will be the most rare of all the WWII German helmets...
    Since they'll have been used for SS fakes? I hope you meant that, as it made me laugh.

I think you're right, it's garage thing... I bought an old Schwinn one time that had it all over the place.

?

Quote by avenger View Post
    Since they'll have been used for SS fakes? I hope you meant that, as it made me laugh.
    Yep, that's what I meant!

The iconic German helmet. It looks to me like the soldat may have been KIA, as there is what appears to be a pretty big blood stain on the leather.

I'd have to agree, very stained where the leather has disintegrated, doesn't leave much to the imagination...

Edit, it hasn't in fact disintegrated, it's just hardened and curled (Don't try and change it!), here's a blowup, and slightly enhanced.

Nice m42 - as found condition

I think you guys are right about the blood stain. It has that black, moldy look you tend to see where it starts to degrade. Though, the area isn't so large that it's inconceivable he survived. Head wounds bleed a lot, so he may have just had a bad cut and put his helmet back on and soldiered on. We can hope anyway.

True.

You're absolutely correct about the "White Paint Phenomenon"...Here's my barn-found M42 before cleaning...
    cheers, Glenn
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nice m42 - as found condition   Nice m42 - as found condition  

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast