MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

No Decal M34 - Smooth Green Paint

Article about: I don’t recall when or where I got this one, a plain Jane no decal M34, complete with liner and chinstrap. What I like about it is the color, it has its original factory applied smooth green

Default No Decal M34 - Smooth Green Paint

I don’t recall when or where I got this one, a plain Jane no decal M34, complete with liner and chinstrap. What I like about it is the color, it has its original factory applied smooth green paint. The shell is unmarked and I have no idea in what service branch or civil organization it’s wearer served. There is a pencil inscription in the dome that I can’t make out. It looks a little like some Nordic rune design but I don’t know so I added a picture. Any insights regarding the inscription are welcome. Some suggest that these may be TeNo helmets. I have no idea, but green M34’s aren’t that common so I grab them when I see them if the price is right. Anyway, here it is, hope you like it. Jim G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture No Decal M34 - Smooth Green Paint   No Decal M34 - Smooth Green Paint  

No Decal M34 - Smooth Green Paint   No Decal M34 - Smooth Green Paint  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement No Decal M34 - Smooth Green Paint
    P
    Many

looks like the bottom half of the Odal Rune. not that i know much about it all.
    It was also the emblem of the Waffen-SS division “Prinz Eugen”, recruited from the Volksdeutsche (ethnic Germans) community in Croatia. It was also used by Reichsbauernschaft and Hitlerjugend.

?

The color and shell look just like mine, Jim.

I agree. I meant to add a few pics of it to your thread but forgot to do so.

This example just poped up. Just thought i would show. If interested.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture No Decal M34 - Smooth Green Paint   No Decal M34 - Smooth Green Paint  

No Decal M34 - Smooth Green Paint  

Interesting that the same "runic" like symbol is on the piece you posted! Plus, I have never seen a "V.W." maker stamp! Maybe these are Volks Wagon factory police helmets?

?

Wow, that's a thought! Beep Beep!

No runic symbols on mine, just the now infamous stamp!
    Attached Images Attached Images No Decal M34 - Smooth Green Paint