Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Normandy camo helmet for discussion

Article about: Gentlemen, I would like to put this helmet up for discussion. I wanted to sell it but people say it`s not a real Normandy camo. Can I please get input on what exactly is wrong with this helm

Default Normandy camo helmet for discussion

Gentlemen,

I would like to put this helmet up for discussion. I wanted to sell it but people say it`s not a real Normandy camo. Can I please get input on what exactly is wrong with this helmet?

Thank you

Pictures below
    Last edited by BudgetCollector; 11-21-2017 at 05:41 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Normandy camo helmet for discussion
    P
    Many

please do not use photobucket, this thread will become useless after the link dies. Post the photos directly please.
    Morris

How can I post so many at once? or do I have to do it one by one?

- - ------- - -

I also pay for my photobucket so it`ll stay active.

Judging by what I could see on the photobucket site....I would pass. I see nothing to convince me it is an original period painted camo for a few reasons

Quote by BudgetCollector View Post
    How can I post so many at once? or do I have to do it one by one?

- - ------- - -

I also pay for my photobucket so it`ll stay active.
    I post one pic at a time. Yes...it is time consuming, but worth it if you are laying out $2500 on a helmet which would be about right for a similar original camo such as this

Please be so kind and let us/me know what exactly bugs you.

Thanks

I think people are wary to tell you what's wrong with it exactly, because they are afraid you are trying to pass of a fake (you said you were selling it). You also only have 4 posts and it seems to be a strange question you are asking, considering you are new. I don't know a lot about steel helmets, but I think there is one glaring issue that lets me know it's not an original camo.

Where did you get this helmet?

The problem is I`ve bought it some time ago from a dealer and he wants a discussion as why it`s fake because I want to get my money back. that`s another reason I`ve put it on here. I already pulled down my selling ad so nobody will get untill it`s proven fake with clear evidence. I paid a lot for it and don`t really know a lot about these I`m in need for money as a family member needs help that`s why I was going to sell it.

From the pics....paint application, colors, lack of expected wear patterns, possibly "forced" tooling or contrived damage to paint.

But go ahead & copy the pics & maybe re-size & post individually here. I keep getting "pop ups" advertisements blocking my view of your helmet. Maybe others will have a positive opinion on it with more discernible pictures. But from what I can see, not one for me !!

Good Luck !!
    David

Quote by nbushyager View Post
    I think people are wary to tell you what's wrong with it exactly, because they are afraid you are trying to pass of a fake (you said you were selling it). You also only have 4 posts and it seems to be a strange question you are asking, considering you are new. I don't know a lot about steel helmets, but I think there is one glaring issue that lets me know it's not an original camo.

Where did you get this helmet?
    Hi nbushyager

My opinion on this has zero to do with the owners purpose for posting. It is not an issue. Regardless of his motives for posting, I don't like it from the first picture. I don't have the time or patience to upload all these pics & photo shop for image clarity. The OP can do that. Then maybe my opinion can be swayed, but judgeing by these pics, I don't like it. Good, clear, detailed pics of a camo are crucial for more & reliable opinions on authenticity

David

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast