Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Normandy Camo Helmets ( real camo ? )

Article about: Hello Guys first of all, just want to wish y'all an Happy new year !! what do you think of these Normandy Camo helmets ? the camo looks good to me for all 3 , but i want to hear your opinion

?

Quote by dougb View Post
    glad to be of service ben!

Note on the first two paint inside the pitted areas of the helmet, lack of natural wear.
    The second look at the wear patterns, and you soon see patterned wear, ie manmade damage to the paint, and an amateurish effort at that!

With camos don't look at the paint, look at the wear. Especially to the vents, pins, around the pins, leading edges, the top of the dome, and where the curve of the skirt meets the dome. Look for wear patterns, matching damage in length and width, repetitive wear. These are all signs to train the eye in what to look for.

Bingo!

Ben, peruse GHW, there is a wealth of info over there.
    Regards,
    John

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Normandy Camo Helmets ( real camo ? )
    P
    Many

?

Also look at non camo helmets and the paint wear. A camo paint finish will wear the same as a regular painted surface. Study nicely worn non-relic painted no decal, single and double decal helmets first. Then move to camo finishes both bad and good.

It's like anything, in hand is also needed to study and what you become comfortable with.

You could write all I know about daggers on the head of a pin, hence I don't collect daggers!

Cheers, will have a look if I get time, in ref to the chips in the paint, are these a better model of fake then the Czech ones that had all the chips in the paint work, they were quite easy to spot as a fake paint/age job
    Ben

?

I am not 100% sure I know of the specific Czech fakes your refer to Ben sorry.

Quote by DougB View Post
    Also look at non camo helmets and the paint wear. A camo paint finish will wear the same as a regular painted surface. Study nicely worn non-relic painted no decal, single and double decal helmets first. Then move to camo finishes both bad and good.

It's like anything, in hand is also needed to study and what you become comfortable with.

You could write all I know about daggers on the head of a pin, hence I don't collect daggers!
    I presume the wear points Doug are going to be where the owner has touched, grabbed the helmet on regular occasions so the rim where he pushes the helmet back, rim on the sides for taking helmet off, dome where its been resting on the ground whilst resting , eating relaxing etc? I used to reenact and wear a M40 so just thinking of where I used to touch the helmet

- - ------- - -

Quote by DougB View Post
    I am not 100% sure I know of the specific Czech fakes your refer to Ben sorry.
    I will try and find a pic mate and post it
    Ben

?

Yes and where the helmet comes into contact with things, high points will always show wear moreso than low points etc.

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    See Doug, told you I dont know shit about helmets lol
    hi ben ill have to say to that looking at these helmets they seemed ok. i havent headed down the cammo helmet path yet. but will be one day. all the info that i get will help to. cheers mark. but i have knocked back a few down this way in the past. and there still floating around.

These are scarey to be honest, but in the long run knowledge is the key and hours of study. Also as with buckles, I believe you cannot go wrong with having and handling original pieces, for me you learn so much more than just pictures (thats MO anyway )
    Ben

Rich has a good one for sale on his site, you can use this as a point of reference of what a real Normandy camo looks like. Normandy Camo Helmets ( real camo ? )Normandy Camo Helmets ( real camo ? )Normandy Camo Helmets ( real camo ? )

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    These are scarey to be honest, but in the long run knowledge is the key and hours of study. Also as with buckles, I believe you cannot go wrong with having and handling original pieces, for me you learn so much more than just pictures (thats MO anyway )
    no i think your right holding somthing original dose help a lot. but for me down here thats hard to. would be nice to have one that you own in hand. but no rush. ive learnt that takeing your time on some items won't hurt.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast