Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Normandy Camo Helmets ( real camo ? )

Article about: Hello Guys first of all, just want to wish y'all an Happy new year !! what do you think of these Normandy Camo helmets ? the camo looks good to me for all 3 , but i want to hear your opinion

Quote by TheGoon View Post
    Rich has a good one for sale on his site, you can use this as a point of reference of what a real Normandy camo looks like. Attachment 622366Attachment 622365Attachment 622367
    Thanks for that and for me a cracker of a teaching example, you can see the wear to the front dome where the helmet would have been put down, where the chin strap would have rubbed and also under the helmet near the peak, to me its looks worn where the owner would have grabbed the helmet taking it on and off, but the rest of the skirt is quite untouched really, I have learn't so much from that one example you would not believe
    Ben

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Normandy Camo Helmets ( real camo ? )
    P
    Many

?

Rich has a good one for sale on his site, you can use this as a point of reference of what a real Normandy camo looks like.
    You have to be careful using one helmet as a point of reference for camo's. You need to handle many many varieties and study paint wear in detail. That is what makes camo's such a minefield, you just can't look at one or two and "know it". It takes some kahuna's to buy them to be honest. That said this is a nice example.

Your right Doug, but just letting Ben see what a real camo looks like for now and your getting the hang of it Ben! Just got to research and more research on these it takes time and I'm not near expert yet myself, if you have any questions just ask for advice especially Doug he'll tell you all you need to know

Gents my night shift is coming to the end so off to bed soon. As stated I am not a helmet guy but I have really enjoyed the thread and believe it or not I have learn't a hell of a lot just from this thread, mostly I dont know crap about lids! I was actually contemplating saving my pennies and buying one, however with having buckles and lugers already I think Mrs Evans will kick my ass if I started on helmets as well!!!! It is however a big jack pot on the lottery this week so if I am fortunate enough to be a winner Doug stand by, advice will be needed. Good nights gents the bed is calling me
    Ben

All that your collection is missing is a nice helmet Ben start saving!

?

The shame is that many a nice honest TR helmet is ruined by those trying to enhance its value by adding fake camo paint. That being said, camo helmet can be a minefield with many expensive lessons to be learned by the foolhardy or non discriminating collector.
    Regards,
    John

All that your collection is missing is a nice helmet Ben start saving!
    Do you know I once had a cracking double decal M35 Heer named to a Officer. The national shield was covered over as per regs but just visible, one item that I have always regreted selling!!
    Ben

I'd cut off my leg and sell it before I would get rid of that!!

Last one guy before I go, this was the helmet, really wished I had kept it
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Normandy Camo Helmets ( real camo ? )   Normandy Camo Helmets ( real camo ? )  

Normandy Camo Helmets ( real camo ? )   Normandy Camo Helmets ( real camo ? )  

Ben

It was a beauty Ben! I would love to have that, maybe you can track it down and buy it back!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast