Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Normandy camo... how about this one?

Article about: well i was planning on trading him a perfect fixed bail m1, a minesweeper badge, and \\$425.

Default Re: Normandy camo... how about this one?

I have been studying German helmets hard nearly every day since February and I now have the knowledge of a 5 year old But to me this one looks nearer the colour of a desert camo than a Normandy, and by that I am not insinuating that I think it is an Afrika Korps lid.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Normandy camo... how about this one?
    P
    Many

Quote by John Brandon View Post
    That is one hell of a statement there. If you have that kind of knowledge, then you don't need opinions.

I would have thought you would have given them out?

just noticed that part of that comment! admitedliy hes a 17 year old kid, now also a experianced helmet collecter when did you start when you were one year old?

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    what in particular about it concerns you exactly?

i may be younger but ive done my fair share of reading and ive handled plenty of original examples. i have the knowledge of an advanced collector, just not the money : /

i think it's good personally, but for those of you who dont like it, please explain why or i wont learn anything.
    Hey sonny,

If you like it that much and think it's so good, then you take no notice of seasoned collectors on this forum. After all, you are by your own opinion, as knowledgable as them. My advice to you on that self assured presumption is go ahead, BUY IT!! KNOCK YOURSELF OUT AND ENJOY!! After all, you know best.......Don't you.Really?
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

i apologize guys, i wasnt trying to be offensive or anything. i mean that i have been obsessed with militaria and german helmets in particular since i was 6 years old. i have a lot of free time so its all i do anymore. i am constantly reading and trying to learn more. im not claiming to be an absolute expert, i was just pointing out that i know a lot about helmets. and i posted this helmet because i always like to have more opinions from more experienced collectors, thats all. ade had said that the helmet looks like a high-end fake and i was just curious as to why he thinks that. relax.

To me the liner looks like a new one that has been aged.

When collecting third reich items you need to have knowledge and be patient.

Quote by Wehrmacht39 View Post
    To me the liner looks like a new one that has been aged.

When collecting third reich items you need to have knowledge and be patient.
    i was thinking that at first, but i compared it to one of my salty helmets and it looked exactly the same. i am sure that the salty one is real so idk. the only thing that i noticed about it is that its not very banged up and scratched.

here are the pics of the lot # and factory stamp.

it looks like a DN27 (very weak N?) and an NS62

i hope this helps. thanks for all your advice guys.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Normandy camo... how about this one?   Normandy camo... how about this one?  

Get on Youtube and watch videos of the Germans fighting in Normandy, then you will understand why this one looks too new

Also add the 66 or so years it would have been sitting aroud.

Good luck, I hope you find a nice original helmet. It's the best feeling in the world (at least for me) knowing that you own a helmet that was worn by a German soldier in WWII.

i had another thought too, do you think it's possible that the helmet was camo'ed, and then very soon after that, the owner lost it in battle or was KIA, wounded, or captured, and then it was found by someone in france who put it away for years? i guess im saying that even though it's a camo, it might not have been around long enough in battle or have been messed around with in storage.

is that a plausible explaination for its lack of wear? i have seen a lot of helmets on GHW that look very similar, thats why im not completely discrediting it.

also, the guy who has it said that he bought it from a dealer a long time ago. ill ask him who that dealer was, if he's still in business, and then ill try to contact him and ask him about the helmet. if he got it from a very trusted dealer and the dealer confirms this, then ill have a bit more to add to the "real" part of the scale.

ObKrieger is this helmet posted on GHW??

cheers ewan

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast