Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Normandy camo... how about this one?

Article about: well i was planning on trading him a perfect fixed bail m1, a minesweeper badge, and \\$425.

Default Re: Normandy camo... how about this one?

well i was planning on trading him a perfect fixed bail m1, a minesweeper badge, and $425.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Normandy camo... how about this one?
    P
    Many

so is that roughly $1000???....if this was good,it shoud bring twice that at least,,,

i was thinking that, but this guy is out of work with three kids and he needs money or other things he can sell. he does have other helmets for sale that i know are original, so if this one really is a high-end fake, then i dont think hes trying to rip anyone off. it probably fooled him just the same. he said that he bought it a very long time ago, so i assume helmet prices were lower, so he is probably just trying to get back what he put into it. he is offering me a salty KM for a good price so i will take that one instead. i know that it is good.

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    he is offering me a salty KM for a good price so i will take that one instead. i know that it is good.
    Salty KM or toned Heer ?

you'd better post photos before to purchase the helmet
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Quote by JPhilip View Post
    Salty KM or toned Heer ?

you'd better post photos before to purchase the helmet
    Thanks
    Haha. Yeah he better

please don't get me wrong ObKrieger, my previous post was not meant to tease you. Even if an helmet is not camouflaged, just the regular factory painted helmet with or without decal, there are other possible issues...like the decal : authentic or not?, if authentic, then wartime applied or not?, the paint, period or postwar applied?..etc...liner?....liner band?,... studs?,... washers?,...chinstrap?..etc...
    considering the first two helmets you got from this seller, you'd better keep both eyes open when you'll receive the next one...even if the seller seems to be honest and has a family to feed..
    and how many collectors do believe that they have a KM helmet in their collection...helmet which is a toned Heer in fact...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    i was thinking that, but this guy is out of work with three kids and he needs money or other things he can sell.
    Thats what he's telling you buy the item, not the story in this case

Thanks

Danny

Yeah its always hard to say by photos.
    Thats why i had to go to a top recommended dealer to buy my good one.Had been taken by too many clever fakes and some of them are aged so well its scary.This one does look a little fresh to me though

Tom

Just for the record i payed US$2,225 for my lid listed today

Tom

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6