Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Normandy chicken wire helmet

Article about: Any chance at getting a liner pic? Is there a leather liner in it? Cheers! Rob

Default Re: Normandy chicken wire helmet

Quote by GasMasksUK View Post
    By this point I'm beginning to actually have me doubts about whether we are going to actually get to see the inside of the helmet. He's taken a lot of photo's of the helmet but has somehow managed to miss photographing this inside

Thanls

Danny
    Yeah, It's unusual on the forum to see so many photo's of a helmet without seeing the inside. I think this one is a

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Normandy chicken wire helmet
    P
    Many

It is frustrating to read this thread and not see the inside. I also believe the fabric to be recently added.

?

To me, for an item to be authenticated, all aspects must be seen. While I tend to believe members, when information or aspects are kept hidden, I have to believe that the item is fake / not real. I mean, how can one truly tell? I would never buy a medal without seeing the reverse, or a helmet without seeing the inside. When a seller deliberately doesn't show an aspect, it's for a reason. I suspect such reasoning is the same with this helmet...

The longer this thread continues without photo's of the interior and liner band, which is still present, according to an earlier post, the more I think this is a post war fictional piece. Come on Chris, put us out of our misery and give us some good photo's of the inside of this 'Normandy chicken wire helmet'!

?

Guys, the original thread posted by chris was a helmet for our viewing pleasure, i dont believe he was asking for opinions on authenticity, i think we have seen enough of chris,s relics that he obtains to accept that he gets some very nice items, and has local knowledge of the areas that he visits. I had to ask myself two questions, one why would anyone with a fair bit of knowledge and a regular poster of threads, attempt to post an item that he did not believe was totally genuine, especially as hes not asking for a price or buyers, two, hessian does not always rot away or turn to powder, and can still remain quite strong over many years, this i know for a fact as i have a 50s turtle helmet that has hessian on it and was used by my eldest cousin, its still good today. As for the hesitation regarding the liner photos, i would suggest that chris may be somewhat reluctant to add to this thread after receiving a number of negative opinions, it seems hes quite happy with the items that he collects and shows them on the forum for our viewing pleasure, Yes there is a possibility that the helmet is not what it seems the same possibility remains as to a genuine item and one that chris believes to be so hence its posting on this forum, i believe that if he had doubts on this item he would air them, i for one respect all the experts opinions and advice on this forum and without them it would be very dull but there are times when i feel there are over critical and analytical opinions being aired, i hope that my comments do not offend the members on here as this was not my intent, regards dave

Quote by davejb View Post
    Guys, the original thread posted by chris was a helmet for our viewing pleasure, i dont believe he was asking for opinions on authenticity, i think we have seen enough of chris,s relics that he obtains to accept that he gets some very nice items, and has local knowledge of the areas that he visits. I had to ask myself two questions, one why would anyone with a fair bit of knowledge and a regular poster of threads, attempt to post an item that he did not believe was totally genuine, especially as hes not asking for a price or buyers, two, hessian does not always rot away or turn to powder, and can still remain quite strong over many years, this i know for a fact as i have a 50s turtle helmet that has hessian on it and was used by my eldest cousin, its still good today. As for the hesitation regarding the liner photos, i would suggest that chris may be somewhat reluctant to add to this thread after receiving a number of negative opinions, it seems hes quite happy with the items that he collects and shows them on the forum for our viewing pleasure, Yes there is a possibility that the helmet is not what it seems the same possibility remains as to a genuine item and one that chris believes to be so hence its posting on this forum, i believe that if he had doubts on this item he would air them, i for one respect all the experts opinions and advice on this forum and without them it would be very dull but there are times when i feel there are over critical and analytical opinions being aired, i hope that my comments do not offend the members on here as this was not my intent, regards dave
    here here dave i was thinking exactly that myself i dont liek the negativity in this post on an item aired for our viewing pleasure only not for profit etc chris has always been solid and reliable and never attempts to mislead in any manner whatsover , i wouldnt blame him for not posting anything else after the ammount of harshness he has recieved over this.

I doubt anyone here was being mean-spirited. We only are wondering why there are no photos of the interior. Usually, any helmet posted for our enjoyment or for evaluation is shown from all angles, including the inside. I don't question Chris's integrity and I know he has some excellent posts and beautiful finds. I also understand that he is not trying to sell this helmet or get a monetary value assessment. It really is not a matter of personal feelings, just our innate curiosity. I hope he can post a photo of the inside, just because I am curious as to how it looks.

George

i understand that tampalan just haaving followed this thread and knowing chris as well some people were less than understanding over the whole interior issues and as you are aware the term fake is coming up considerable in latter posts

Quote by cricketchris1944 View Post
    Hi guys I know you are trying to see if this helmet is real and it is.The farmer who give it to me was also a friend of my .He did not have any interrest in ww2 Artifacts.So 100% original item .Thank you for all the interrest in it.
    Chris,

Though I no longer collect TR, I still have an appreciation for untouched historic artifacts, especially from Normandy. You have a beautiful piece and I salute you for not giving into temptation by destroying it by dis-assembly. I see you feel the same as I, if you know it is real and what you have, that is all that matters. Thanks for showing such an incredibly rare piece.
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Quote by cricketchris1944 View Post
    Just showing it to you guy ,just to show .
    I believe the original intention was as such quoted above - JUST TO SHOW.

However, I also believe one should have known that such an item would be worthy of, and especially attractive to comprehensive discussion by the members that you have shown it to, plain and simple.
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast