Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

NS M35 Lot number verification

Article about: Hey guys, Need a big favor here. I'm trying to verify the date of manufacture of a M35 NS helmet. The dome stamp is not entirerly legible. It can see "193x" but can't make of the l

MAP
    ?

Quote by centigas View Post
    Hello Map,
    I think Visor is using Brian ices book as I have that with the same information.It is also available as a download and cheaply too, in my opinion well worth a look.

The NS factory had different series of numbers NS D192 as above or NS E123 for example and yours which is just listed as NS 291. Also find the same lot number in different size helmets. I believe one of the factories was more or less sequential, but cant remember which one off the top of my head.I am sure some one here will provide better information, but that book is an interesting read and is great when you find one of your helmets with the same lot number and configuration as one that is listed.

Cheers
    Wow!!! Major typo on my part in my first post. The lot is D291, not NS291..guess the caffine didn't kick in yet.

The size of the helmet is 62.

Does this change anything per Brians book?

Agree that there was one or two makers that had sequential codes. I don't have my copy of Ken's book handy so could not check.

And thanks! I just did a search for the book. Apparently a new updated version was just released in Aug (version 7). Will go out and pick it up asap!

Regards,

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NS M35 Lot number verification
    P
    Many

Hello Map.

No NS62 D291 listed Im afraid. The closest helmets to it with a dome stamp are 38 and 39 dated, so it seems you are about right with what you can make out.

Have fun with all those lot numbers!!

Cheers

MAP
    ?

Quote by centigas View Post
    Hello Map.

No NS62 D291 listed Im afraid. The closest helmets to it with a dome stamp are 38 and 39 dated, so it seems you are about right with what you can make out.

Have fun with all those lot numbers!!

Cheers
    Thanks. I think we are close enough with a 38 and 39 date.

In a weird way, this is fun........

M

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Brian ice german helmet lot numbers revision 5

MAP
    ?

Quote by visor View Post
    Brian ice german helmet lot numbers revision 5
    Thanks Visor. He now has Version 7 out. plan to pick it up.

?

Quote by MAP View Post
    Thanks Visor. He now has Version 7 out. plan to pick it up.
    It is worth it.

Thumbs up

Quote by MAP View Post
    Wow!!! Major typo on my part in my first post. The lot is D291, not NS291..guess the caffine didn't kick in yet.

The size of the helmet is 62.

Does this change anything per Brians book?

Agree that there was one or two makers that had sequential codes. I don't have my copy of Ken's book handy so could not check.

And thanks! I just did a search for the book. Apparently a new updated version was just released in Aug (version 7). Will go out and pick it up asap!

Regards,

Michael
    Hi Michael, that makes a hell of a difference as I was looking in the wrong section for a lot number with no letters! That said, there is still no match but the helmets around it are indeed 38-39 , so I think you have your question answered! Leon.

MAP
    ?

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Hi Michael, that makes a hell of a difference as I was looking in the wrong section for a lot number with no letters! That said, there is still no match but the helmets around it are indeed 38-39 , so I think you have your question answered! Leon.
    Yes, major typo!! I'm blaming it on my lack of my morning Coca-cola and multi-tasking..........

M

MAP
    ?

OK, The mystery has been solved. With creative use of lighting I was able to get better pics of the dome stamp. Looks like 1939 to me.

Plus I was finally able to get pictures of the liner stamps. It is a Schubert Werk (already knew this from the font of the stamp on the leather) and dated 1939. ( you will have to enlarge the picture to see the date but its there!)

I can rest in peace.

Thanks everyone for your help!!

Michael

NS M35 Lot number verificationNS M35 Lot number verificationNS M35 Lot number verificationNS M35 Lot number verificationNS M35 Lot number verification

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2