Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

NSKK helmet, fake or real?

Article about: Picked up this NSKK helmet at a local flea market awhile back, but never been 100% sure about it. What do my fellow collectors think? Any input would be appreciated very much, good or bad!

Default NSKK helmet, fake or real?

Picked up this NSKK helmet at a local flea market awhile back, but never been 100% sure about it. What do my fellow collectors think? Any input would be appreciated very much, good or bad!NSKK helmet, fake or real?NSKK helmet, fake or real?NSKK helmet, fake or real?NSKK helmet, fake or real?NSKK helmet, fake or real?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NSKK helmet, fake or real?
    P
    Many

Not really a helmet guy but I am not liking that decal very much.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

I am sorry but in my opinion the decal is a repro. The graphics are off. Another dead give away is the space between the swirls of the scroll and the wings - those spaces should not be filled with decal material, the spaces should be empty and the paint should be seen. If you belong to GHW check the real and fake NSKK decals in the reference section of the helmet forum there. Reproductions very similar to this one are in the "fake decals" sub section. Jim G.
    Last edited by helmet2id; 05-12-2017 at 07:02 AM.

Hi, not a decal that I have personally seen or handled, but Jim knows his stuff and if he feels it is a bad one then I would be 100% confident in his appraisal. Leon.

Do you think the paint & liner are wartime?

Quote by Johnny Reb View Post
    Do you think the paint & liner are wartime?
    No red flags that I can see on the liner or paint. Looks correct for a civil helmet IMO. The decal does not look correct as already stated.

Steve

Fake decal.