Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Oakleaf Military.Inc

Article about: And this one for over 4000\\$ : Volkssturm " Freikorps Saurland" M-42 helmet and to stay in the 4K range another turd helmet : Luftwaffe double decal M35 two-camouflage finish helmet

Default Re: Oakleaf Military.Inc

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Oakleaf Military.Inc
    P
    Many

?

I would say possibly we should open a discussion on this site to make shur the membership is well informed.

Regards Mark K

I think we already have.

Always bear in mind, virtually every dealer will have some bad items. That is why it is vital to know your subject and ask here first.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Since Oakleaf started pedaling Dr. Ron Distlehorst's (mostly) garbage his reputation has gone down the drain. Majority of SS is "questionable" as are many other pieces in the headgear section.

?

Oakleaf Military.Inc has been reviewed on other forums and some of the helmets are absolute crap - proceed with extreme caution and seek opinions.

Oak Leaf Militaria - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums
    Last edited by relicz; 11-06-2011 at 06:55 PM.

I have never bought anything from him,but have been told by other helmet collector to stay away.
    chris

Yea, they do have some crap on there. If you are looking to spend that much, I would suggest taking a look at the helmets on the Collector's Guild.

I've dealt with Oakleaf now for many years -I was first recommended to the owner after seeing his tables at most all of the Midwest militaria shows. They were always amazing tables to stop at and sniff over. You could find 5 figure items and common plain janes as well. Always cautious when dealing with TR material, I asked about him from a Very Advanced and long time dealer friend I knew, and he absolutely recommended him. The owner has always been of the best, to me, anyway, and if there is Ever a problem, he can always be trusted to make it right as soon as worldly possible. True, that his prices are not bargain basement prices, but I've always figured if a person wants something fairly decent that they should be prepared to pay for it. Great, if you can find a better price somewhere else, but if you can't? I guess it boils down to how bad do you want or need the item. That's been My experience with him over the decades, anyway. People should always use their heads and be careful in this hobby from Anyone. It just makes sense. William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Erich and Frank have hit the nail on the head already. Caution advised. Ade also has it true, any dealer will have make mistakes, know what your buying or seek advice.

Never buy blindly-Know what you're collecting. To do otherwise, is just plain foolish. William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast