Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Obtained WWI / II Collection

Article about: Hello, I have been collecting WWI/II items with my dad since the 70s. Most was purchased while living in England and Germany in the 70s and 80s. He has recently turned over control of the co

Que
    ?

Default Obtained WWI / II Collection

Hello,
    I have been collecting WWI/II items with my dad since the 70s. Most was purchased while living in England and Germany in the 70s and 80s. He has recently turned over control of the collection to me. My goal here i to be able to catalog what I have so that in the future when it is passed on to my kids, they know what every thing is and an approximate value of the collection so they just don't toss it out. Here is a few pics of the overall collection:

I would like to start my cataloging with 3 American helmets. I will tell you what I know about them. Please correct me on any bad information. I have been away from this collection for over 20 years. Please add any information you feel would be useful. Basically Im looking to find out as much as ossible on all these Items.

Here we go, frst up is a WW I American M-1917 Helmet (Brodie):

I believe this be from one of the Engineering units, which one I do not know. The stamp on the inside say HS 12. The Chin strap is complete and unbroken. I would like to know if anybody can ping down the insignia painted on it and an approximate value (Best I can find is from 2010 and that puts is around $200?).

Next is a US Army M-1 Fixed Bail Helmet w/Liner:
    I'm looking for confirmation on this one and an approximate vale (in 2010 $300?).
    Seam in front

Chinstraps still originally attached to fixed bails. Liner chinstrap is unbroken and the back of the rivets are stamped United Carr. The liner is stamped S inside a circle above the number 16. Not sure on the sweatband due to the modern looking marking.

Up next is a US Army M-1 Helmet w/Swivel Bails and net ($220 in 2010?) Have two of these.
    Nothing special on this one. Swivel bails with chinstraps originally attached (sewn). Liner chinstrap is broken in two places. Rivets are stamped United Carr. Liner is stamped with an F inside a shield over A 14.

So, can any one add information on these first three? I look forward hearing what you all have to say and showing you the rest of the collection in following posts. See something in the pictures you want to see closer let me know I will do those (or some of them) next.

Q

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Obtained WWI / II Collection
    P
    Many

Que
    ?

My bad every one, I didn't see the sticky on image uploads. I used imgur for the pics. I will upload the next batch to the forum as requested.

Q

MAP
    ?

Impressive. Can't wait to see more...
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Very nice!!!!! Is the mosin a Finish one? (Sa) marked.

Que
    ?

The Mosin is Russian. 1915. No cleaning rod. Haven't really looked that one over yet.

Your first M1 pictured looks like a repaint.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Que
    ?

Steve, Yes I believe it has been repainted.

Que
    ?

Following posts will be Titled "Que's Collection continued" Stay tuned. I also need to add, if you see anything that just doesn't look right please point it is out. Another goal of this project is to ID any reproductions or post war mods and such.

Welcome to the Forum, and thanks for sharing the photos...are you looking to obtain an in-depth appraisal of each item in your collection? I can suggest browsing through the various Sub-Forums offered here, and I'm confident you'll enjoy the knowledge available here....
    cheers, Glenn

?

Quote by Que View Post
    Hello,

Here we go, frst up is a WW I American M-1917 Helmet (Brodie):

I believe this be from one of the Engineering units, which one I do not know. The stamp on the inside say HS 12. The Chin strap is complete and unbroken. I would like to know if anybody can ping down the insignia painted on it and an approximate value (Best I can find is from 2010 and that puts is around $200?).

Looks like you have some interesting stuff. The first helmet is actually a British Mk1, initially US troops were issued with British helmets, the HS 12 is the steel batch. If you carefully lift the black part of the liner it should have the patent stamp in red ink. The insignia is the Corp of Engineers, but I can't tell you nay more than that. It is a very nice example.
    Steve.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast