Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Obvious Luftwaffe Fake

Article about: Hey guys, I think I am getting better at this. The decals look really far off. Not sure why they would have been applied over the camo. The liner looks super tight as well. Not sure if anyth

Default Obvious Luftwaffe Fake

Hey guys, I think I am getting better at this. The decals look really far off. Not sure why they would have been applied over the camo. The liner looks super tight as well. Not sure if anything on this is period. A fantasy piece would be my best guess.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Obvious Luftwaffe Fake   Obvious Luftwaffe Fake  

Obvious Luftwaffe Fake   Obvious Luftwaffe Fake  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Obvious Luftwaffe Fake
    P
    Many

You sometimes see original camo's with painted adlers and tricolors so don't discount it so easily. The reason why is more difficult to explain from period to veteran added to kids adding them or bikers.
    Without decent photos however you can't really make a case. The liner itself is also something that would need extra scrutiny.

Hi, I'm certainly not liking the liner, it appears to have brass pins from the pictures. As Frank says above the cammo needs better images in daylight to make an honest call on it and the decals do appear to be painted on. When or where that was done would again need better images to determine. Leon.

?

Confusing isn't it ?

Would it be normal to apply a shield decal over camo? You can tell the camo is underneath it

Quote by jtr1982 View Post
    Would it be normal to apply a shield decal over camo? You can tell the camo is underneath it
    No, it certainly would not, and I would be more inclined to think that if the cammo turned out to be period, that the decals were painted on post war by a kid or biker to "sex it up". Leon.

It's my understanding that the decal of the shield was ordered to be removed somewhere around 1940. I think that the shell is earlier than 1940 but I think the camo pattern maybe post 1940. At that rate it would not make sense to add on something that was ordered to be taken off. Feel free to correct my limited knowledge

As far as the bird comma imagine someone bought a stencil and ran a putty knife over it

Quote by jtr1982 View Post
    It's my understanding that the decal of the shield was ordered to be removed somewhere around 1940. I think that the shell is earlier than 1940 but I think the camo pattern maybe post 1940. At that rate it would not make sense to add on something that was ordered to be taken off. Feel free to correct my limited knowledge
    Correct, as I said, biker or kid decal additions if the cammo is period. Leon.

The liner has 10 fingers so no chance for it being original.

Steve

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast