Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Oh My God :'(

Article about: I also know the collector that does these helmets, I actually think it it a cool/good idea if if is just the shell of a helmet. I hope I dont get into trouble for this, but here is a link: W

Default Oh My God :'(

Happy to see this happening to historical artifacts that can never be "original" again. This makes me scared to ever sell any of my items in case some artist wants to DRAW ON IT. It's a good talent but canvas was made for a reason..

German Helmet Luftschutz Gladiator ORIGINAL - eBay (item 270725086483 end time Mar-30-11 21:18:46 PDT)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Oh My God :'(
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Oh My God :'(

I know it ruins the history etc.....But I think I know who did this helmet. There is a member on WAF who does these for other members and will draw exactly what you want. I think its a cool idea if you have an extra old grubby helmet to turn into a tasteful display. It would be a different story if it was a drawing completely unrelated to ww2 or Germany, but I think the guy does an excellent job to be honest. He even does relic lids if they are in decent enough shape to lacquer/paint on.

If what you are saying is true then I take back my initial statement. I just got the impression people it was done under different circumstances.

Hmmm...not my cup of tea but I can appreciate the artwork.

I hope he only does this to helmets that are missing all of their paint...

I was just thinking of starting a similar project...
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Not my cup of tea, but a good paint job on what I assume/hope was a bare metal shell.

Jerry
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Some prints screens of painted helmets;

Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

?

Interesting.. It can atttract two kinds of collector. A ww1/2 fan or a rustic art buff. hmm.

As long as the artwork is not made to glorify Nazi war criminals I don't see an issue , sadly this happens as well.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast