Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Okay M1918 cut-out experts . . . here's another one . . real or fake?

Article about: Hello Jim, That is a very nice looking helmet you've posted. Unfortunately I don't have the helmet so what I've posted is most of what I have to go by. Here are the only other photos I have

Default Okay M1918 cut-out experts . . . here's another one . . real or fake?

Requesting the experts to chime in again on this helmet. It looks legit to me but I'm not the expert on these. Please tell me what you think.

Cheers,
    TimOkay M1918 cut-out experts  . . . here's another one . . real or fake?Okay M1918 cut-out experts  . . . here's another one . . real or fake?Okay M1918 cut-out experts  . . . here's another one . . real or fake?Okay M1918 cut-out experts  . . . here's another one . . real or fake?Okay M1918 cut-out experts  . . . here's another one . . real or fake?Okay M1918 cut-out experts  . . . here's another one . . real or fake?Okay M1918 cut-out experts  . . . here's another one . . real or fake?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Okay M1918 cut-out experts  . . . here's another one . . real or fake?
    P
    Many

?

Looks to be camo, as well .

Is it a ET64?

My opinion is that it is a fake. There isn't the requisite flare and the rolled edge is too rough on the apex of the cut outs. I would like to see a shot of the piece flat on a table from the side. Also, the liner is not original to the piece. Just my opinion, Jim G.

Here are 2 real ear cut outs.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Okay M1918 cut-out experts  . . . here's another one . . real or fake?   Okay M1918 cut-out experts  . . . here's another one . . real or fake?  

Okay M1918 cut-out experts  . . . here's another one . . real or fake?   Okay M1918 cut-out experts  . . . here's another one . . real or fake?  

Okay M1918 cut-out experts  . . . here's another one . . real or fake?   Okay M1918 cut-out experts  . . . here's another one . . real or fake?  

Okay M1918 cut-out experts  . . . here's another one . . real or fake?Okay M1918 cut-out experts  . . . here's another one . . real or fake?Okay M1918 cut-out experts  . . . here's another one . . real or fake?Well i guess that shows how much i don't know about these. I thought this would be a good one. Here are a couple more photos.

It does appear to be stamped ET64 in gothic font. That, of course, would be easy to fake.

Okay, gents, I'm still a little fuzzy on what makes this one a repro/fake. The photo angles available aren't quite the same as what was posted above by Helmet2id but they still look very close to me. The ET64 is in the right place and in the correct gothic font. Yes, i agree the condition of the liner doesn't seem to match the shell and is probably not the original one to this shell. But back to the shell . . what are the good indicators that this is not authentic? ...still trying to learn.

Thanks again,
    Tim

Quote by onelonehorseman View Post
    Okay, gents, I'm still a little fuzzy on what makes this one a repro/fake. The photo angles available aren't quite the same as what was posted above by Helmet2id but they still look very close to me. The ET64 is in the right place and in the correct gothic font. Yes, i agree the condition of the liner doesn't seem to match the shell and is probably not the original one to this shell. But back to the shell . . what are the good indicators that this is not authentic? ...still trying to learn.

Thanks again,
    Tim
    Have a look at this original example!......

Okay M1918 cut-out experts  . . . here's another one . . real or fake?Okay M1918 cut-out experts  . . . here's another one . . real or fake?

Hi Tim, I just re checked the thread. The newer pictures look a little better. Can you take a shots straight down with the helmet both up side down and right side up, a shot from the side with the helmet right side up, and a few shots to better show the flare that was hard to see in the original pictures. These WWI vintage M18 ear cut outs were only ET 64's so that is a good sign. I may reverse myself if the pictures show what we expect to see. I am not there yet though. Jim G.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast