Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

One more M42, original?

Article about: Dear all, Annoyed from this ads?   May I ask you for your evaluations for this M42 too? With best wishes alter musketier

Default One more M42, original?

Dear all,

May I ask you for your evaluations for this M42 too?

With best wishes
    alter musketier

One more M42, original?

One more M42, original?

One more M42, original?

One more M42, original?

One more M42, original?

One more M42, original?

One more M42, original?

One more M42, original?

One more M42, original?

One more M42, original?

One more M42, original?

One more M42, original?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement One more M42, original?
    P
    Many

An original M42 Shell, original liner, paint looks okay, chinstrap appears repaired with rivets, I cannot comment on the decal...
    Overall a nice helmet, from what I can see in the photos...Others may be able to help you with Manufacturer Code and #...
    cheers, Glenn

It's a "hkp" maker size 64 and as glenn said the chinstrap has been repaired and liner looks good and the decal I can't really tell if it's good or bad because it's all faded or rubbed off.

I put gunny by mistake sorry Glenn!

Dear all,

I could buy the helmet. I am very happy!
    Thank you very much for your evaluations and the likes!

With best wishes
    alter musketier

Looks like an honest lid to me!..

Hi, no problems with this M42 HEER from here, a shame the decal has been "scrubbed" away but if the price is right that's no problem. Leon.

Dear all,

Maybe of interest. I got some infomation (I hope they are real) from the former owner about the vet who had owned the helmet: Proabably it had belonged to a "Maschinenmaat" (petty officer second class and mechanician) of the navy. For his commitment he had got the EK, he had been at Narvik and he had received the "Kampfabzeichen der Kleinkampfmittel, 1. Stufe" (as an award for undersea divers, crews of very small submarines etc). However, at the end of the war he had been fighting as an infantryman.

With best wishes
    alter musketier
    In memory of my father who was in K-Einsatz, combat engagement, with the RAD in the Alps in 1945, of my grandfather who was with the IR 87 during campaign in France in 1940 and of my grand-uncle who served in the Gardegrenadierregiment Nr. 3 "Königin Elisabeth" and who was killed in action at Craonne, Chemin des Dames in France in 1917

Quote by Alter Musketier View Post
    Dear all,

Maybe of interest. I got some infomation (I hope they are real) from the former owner about the vet who had owned the helmet: Proabably it had belonged to a "Maschinenmaat" (petty officer second class and mechanician) of the navy. For his commitment he had got the EK, he had been at Narvik and he had received the "Kampfabzeichen der Kleinkampfmittel, 1. Stufe" (as an award for undersea divers, crews of very small submarines etc). However, at the end of the war he had been fighting as an infantryman.

With best wishes
    alter musketier
    That's great if it's true but you know the score, buy the item and not the story!...

That's right!

P.S.: I got the story after I bought the helmet
    In memory of my father who was in K-Einsatz, combat engagement, with the RAD in the Alps in 1945, of my grandfather who was with the IR 87 during campaign in France in 1940 and of my grand-uncle who served in the Gardegrenadierregiment Nr. 3 "Königin Elisabeth" and who was killed in action at Craonne, Chemin des Dames in France in 1917