Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

one of my favorite helmets with goggles

Article about: I had to post this helmet, I bought this cheaply about a year ago its tiny, rusty and has a fake decal and possibly fake wire, but whats not fake is the bullet damage and crack to the rear,

Default one of my favorite helmets with goggles

I had to post this helmet, I bought this cheaply about a year ago its tiny, rusty and has a fake decal and possibly fake wire, but whats not fake is the bullet damage and crack to the rear, as its a relic I treated it with a natural bees wax and natural oil spray and in good light you can make out the original green paint plus some very faint traces of cammo paint namely brown and green. I often stare at this helmet and wonder about its history and out of all the helmets I own this is one of my favorites.

I have also recently purchased these goggles from the grandson of a WW2 veteran who picked them up from a deserted German position in Norway, the lenses are yellow however look like they have been to the moon and back a few times. I thought I would post a pic please tell me your thoughts.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture one of my favorite helmets with goggles  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement one of my favorite helmets with goggles
    P
    Many

Default Re: one of my favorite helmets with goggles

It displays nicely.
    How do you know that the wire and decal are fake? Have you added them your self?
    Can you post a photo of the bullet hole?
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377