Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

OOPS I did it again!!!!!!!!!! Overpainted Lufty Q64

Article about: by Danmark Not the liner?? ( I think I can see the flat liner pins ) Sorry Danmark-yes i thought about liner !

Default Re: OOPS I did it again!!!!!!!!!! Overpainted Lufty Q64

Certainly looks better in your pics than the originals but I still don't like the thickness of the leather. I just don't have an original that looks that thick. The band and everything else looks good though and it certainly didnt belong to his helmet though.

Jason

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement OOPS I did it again!!!!!!!!!! Overpainted Lufty Q64
    P
    Many

HI Jason,
    I'm not suggesting it is the original, but it HAS been used and someone went to some trouble at some time in the past to put new leather in.
    It is thick and quite soft - not chamois like some but soft like 30 years old, not 70.
    A weird thing .....?

Cheers, Dan

Yeah it's weird alright, wonder were the leather came from. You going to look for a new liner for the shell or just leave it out?

At this stage leave it out. I am always of two minds in putting new liners in ( not that I've ever found one that fits right )
    I have a good 1943 pigskin that I could use - but then you need to find rivets that look the part .......

Well here is some close shots of the shell itself.
    Hard to photograph the eagle and also hard to photograph the colour as there are sections that have a brownish colour to them ....?
    Sort of a cammo but maybe just a colour shift between the grey base and the green top coat ( I forget my colour wheel from art class!! )

Also, why Soldat Lieder of the Stab Kraftwagen-Transport-Regiment 2 would see a need to repaint his helmet is a strange one to me?

And try as I might, I cant see that a lot number was ever stamped on it??
    Appreciate any thoughts!
    Dan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture OOPS I did it again!!!!!!!!!! Overpainted Lufty Q64   OOPS I did it again!!!!!!!!!! Overpainted Lufty Q64  

OOPS I did it again!!!!!!!!!! Overpainted Lufty Q64   OOPS I did it again!!!!!!!!!! Overpainted Lufty Q64  

OOPS I did it again!!!!!!!!!! Overpainted Lufty Q64   OOPS I did it again!!!!!!!!!! Overpainted Lufty Q64  

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3