Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

opinion of heer camo helmet NS64

Article about: by davejb I see what you mean about the wings Steve, but what about the bottom edge, the white part , is this normal for the make of decal, as for the helmet itself, looking at all the paint

?

Default Re: opinion of heer camo helmet NS64

Quote by davejb View Post
    I see what you mean about the wings Steve, but what about the bottom edge, the white part , is this normal for the make of decal, as for the helmet itself, looking at all the paint, rust and interior, i would cautiously say theres a chance of it being good
    The white part at the bottom is a common manufacturers error that you see occasionally on all types of decals. I have a couple of helmets with decals like that. I just have a bad feeling about the decal shown on this helmet. I wish I could say that I like it but if I did I wouldn't be telling the truth.
    SteveR

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement opinion of heer camo helmet NS64
    P
    Many

The decal is correct and is a Pocher decal. The helmet is not a camo helmet but a reissue helmet which probably has had a whitewash for camo purposes (this wash was then brushed off again in the summer).
    That said it's not a particularly beautiful helmet in my opinion , not 100% comfortable with the leather would need to see more pictures.

Hello gentleman,

I recently acquired this exact helmet from River Valley Militaria via a trade. I was reading through the thread, and I've noticed many of you are skeptical of the paint, liner, and decal. I believe the odd colored paint is actually winter camo paint that has turned into a rust color over time. If you ever come across original medic helmets you will also see how the same white paint coloring has changed over time into the rusty look. This would also explain the origin of the strange desert camo look. Also, if you notice the top of the helmet there are still hundreds of tiny specs and batches of the old white camo paint. I'd say that verifies the winter camo theory. The decal is not a pocher, I believe it is just a regular thin wing decal. The "glue" around the edges of the decal I don't believe is glue at all, just where the camo paint overlaps the decal (notice the top left corner). The space between the wings and the white outline on the decal are normal, no red flags there. I can't speak for the chinstrap, not my area of expertise, but the helmet appears to be all original to me. Let me know what you guys think about the helmet. I've posted some new pictures up, and can post more on request. This thread has scared me a little because of the doubt to the authenticity of the helmet. I don't collect spurious helmets, and I will return it if it is not original. Thanks

EDIT: 10/14/2012 - DECAL IS A POCHER, I was an idiot when I wrote this

Regards, Corey
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture opinion of heer camo helmet NS64   opinion of heer camo helmet NS64  

opinion of heer camo helmet NS64   opinion of heer camo helmet NS64  

opinion of heer camo helmet NS64  
    Last edited by Sir Payne; 10-14-2012 at 11:46 PM.

I almost forgot, the helmet is not covered in rust, that really is paint, it chips off in flakes and everything.

regards, Corey

any thoughts?

?

I do not see anything wrong with the decal.The helmet most likely was white and turned that color over the years.I have seen known original Medic helmets which have turned the same color.I think the paint oxidizes or something.

4md
    ?

decal looks like a pocher to me

?

Here is a known original which would have been white ! As far as the liner goes if the rivotts look untouched on the inside and if you can see the band date on the liner.And if it goes along with the helmet build date by lot number than it most likely is original to the helmet.Although i will say i like to see nice worn liner systems in untouched combat helmets
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture opinion of heer camo helmet NS64  
    Last edited by relics; 05-25-2012 at 01:45 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2