Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Opinion on a Heer helmet please

Article about: There is a Heer helmet for sale that I was interested in buying and I wanted you guys to take a look at it before I made an offer on it. What would a fair price for this be, if it is alright

Default Opinion on a Heer helmet please

There is a Heer helmet for sale that I was interested in buying and I wanted you guys to take a look at it before I made an offer on it. What would a fair price for this be, if it is alright?

Thanks,

Alec
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Opinion on a Heer helmet please   Opinion on a Heer helmet please  

Attached Images Attached Images Opinion on a Heer helmet please  Opinion on a Heer helmet please 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Opinion on a Heer helmet please
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Opinion on a Nazi helmet please

Hi Alec

Its an M40 Heer. Lets try not and use the "N" word in here, some people get offended, thanks.

regards
    Samir

Sorry about that, can you tell if the decal looks alright?

?

Not sure, it appears to be an Ed Strache decal. Whats the maker of the shell and lot#? I also noticed the vent holes.....they are huge! After closer inspection they appear to be bushings and if I'm correct the lid you have pictured is an M35 and not an M40 like I mentioned earlier. This one needs hands on experience if you want a better answer from me. Lets give others a chance to chime in, for now leave the helmet alone! I personally don't trust it.

regards
    Samir
    Last edited by SSamir; 08-06-2011 at 06:23 AM.

Default Re: Opinion on a Heer helmet please

It's an M35 alright but the vent holes have disappeared ? Ed Strache decal but on an apple green shell.
    I would wait for a better one.

?

It also appears that its been over cleaned inside to the extent that bare metal is showing

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    It's an M35 alright but the vent holes have disappeared ? Ed Strache decal but on an apple green shell.
    I would wait for a better one.
    My opinion too

Thanks guys I stayed away from this one. Good thing too, I was able to pick up a transitional helmet with a single decal through a trade. I will make a new thread about it.

Thanks again,

Alec