Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

opinion on luftwaffe helmet.

Article about: by DougB It appears to be a good snakeleg with period removed tricolor. The helmet is an SE it appears, the lot number has the distinctive "1" and this lot number falls smack in th

Default Re: opinion on luftwaffe helmet.

Quote by davejb View Post
    Chris, from where im sitting it looks ok but id like to see it with that dust removed, from the whole helmet as it looks recent, also whats the mnftr
    I do not know who the Manifacturer is?
    I E-mail the guy about that ,all the pictures I posted there was no maker pictures I thought that was strange .If there is a serial number but no maker marking that would make that helmet a post war and not a good ww2 helmet.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement opinion on luftwaffe helmet.
    P
    Many

Quote by Hauptman View Post
    I would add that if this has been faked someone did an excellent job of it. And if going to that much trouble why not create a rarer helmet... SS, Org. Todt, etc?

If nothing else over the years I've learned to never be surprised at what turns out to be fake in TR items. But if I saw this for sale at a good price and I had the money to spare I'd grab it. But of course always best if you have the option to do just this and check with others to make sure before you leap.

Dan
    The guy want 390$ for it,but will offer 300$ but only if I am 100% sure I really prefert the second luftwaffe decal type.

?

Im afraid you may be correct on that point, its a shame because it looks halfway decent, i wondered why you didnt post the side skirt for the mnftr,

?

Chris i dont think its worth that sort of money, especially as theres doubt over the originality, as much as id like to say go for it i think i would walk away on this one if you cant see any mnftrs stamps

Chris i dont think its worth that sort of money, especially as theres doubt over the originality, as much as id like to say go for it i think i would walk away on this one if you cant see any mnftrs stamps
    I will see for a response from him But at the moment I am not going to buy it.But if it is real is that a good price.

?

If real and with the amount of liner damage i would think $250 is a reasonable price, are there any markings on the liner or have you not seen the helmet in person yet

If real and with the amount of liner damage i would think $250 is a reasonable price, are there any markings on the liner or have you not seen the helmet in person yet
    I have not seen the helmet in person.

?

Well its got to be a hands on inspection then, you can only be the one who can judge this one, i hope it turns out ok for you, but im still doubtful, good luck mate

Hauptman
    ?

What is the sellers inspection/return policy? If no returns then I'd definitely walk away. But if he allows a certain number of days for inspection/return and shipping isn't a killer you might consider it so you can inspect the helmet in person.

Does he offer any guarantee? If a dealer then most reputable dealers will be happy to offer a guarantee, at times lifetime that a piece is original.

Dan

Quote by Hauptman View Post
    What is the sellers inspection/return policy? If no returns then I'd definitely walk away. But if he allows a certain number of days for inspection/return and shipping isn't a killer you might consider it so you can inspect the helmet in person.

Does he offer any guarantee? If a dealer then most reputable dealers will be happy to offer a guarantee, at times lifetime that a piece is original.

Dan
    100% original and 10 days for inspecttion with retrun policy.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast