Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Opinion on this M42 SD HEER thin wing decal and helmet

Article about: Hello all! I have a quick question in regards to the helmet seen in the pictures below. I am more familiar with earlier war helmets and this one is out side of my comfort zone - so I am look

Default Opinion on this M42 SD HEER thin wing decal and helmet

Hello all!

I have a quick question in regards to the helmet seen in the pictures below. I am more familiar with earlier war helmets and this one is out side of my comfort zone - so I am looking for opinions.

M42 SD HEER, EF64 Lot 296, with a thin wing variant of the HEER decal - most often seen on EFs I believe.

My thoughts are the edges of the decal look a little funny to me, or is this common for late(r) war helmets to have that look to them? I took two pictures in different light so you can take a look for yourself. Should be zoom-able for looking at them close.

Thoughts?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Opinion on this M42 SD HEER thin wing decal and helmet   Opinion on this M42 SD HEER thin wing decal and helmet  

Opinion on this M42 SD HEER thin wing decal and helmet   Opinion on this M42 SD HEER thin wing decal and helmet  

Opinion on this M42 SD HEER thin wing decal and helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Opinion on this M42 SD HEER thin wing decal and helmet
    P
    Many

it looks funny indeed , from what I can see from the inside someone cleaned black paint from it.
    I would keep looking for a better example.

I would agree with the black paint once removed. But, I think the decal is good, shell is good, liner and band good, but is that the original paint or should it be more textured? Or am I off on the decal?

?

The decal looks fine to me, it appears the way it does around the edges due to the process that was used to remove the black paint from the lid IMO.

Brad.

Morning, at the right price this one is ok, but there are better examples out there. The decal looks ok, just "scrubbed" a little. Leon.