Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Opinionn M42 RAD helmet

Article about: I was offered this helmet this morning ,It looks good to me,but I am no RAD expert. Any help would be great. Thank you. Chris

Default Re: Opinionn M42 RAD helmet

I had to pass on this one ,the price was just too high.
    On the hunt for the next one.
    chris

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Opinionn M42 RAD helmet
    P
    Many

The decal looks genuine from the images. Here are a few pictures of another RAD Heer reissue still retaining both decals. I have seen them configured both ways.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Opinionn M42 RAD helmet   Opinionn M42 RAD helmet  

Opinionn M42 RAD helmet  
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Hi Bob, I thought this one was yours at one time. I was lucky to have seen it when it was with Bruce and now it is sitting on my shelf. A few of your past treasures are now the centerpieces of my humble assortment. It is great for me to know where they came from. Cheers, Jim G.

I remenber that helmet,What a great helmet.
    It was at the Grenadier website ,but Jim got it first.
    The price was where it needed to be,not like the ones selling at the present time.
    Chris

Quote by helmet2id View Post
    Hi Bob, I thought this one was yours at one time. I was lucky to have seen it when it was with Bruce and now it is sitting on my shelf. A few of your past treasures are now the centerpieces of my humble assortment. It is great for me to know where they came from. Cheers, Jim G.
    I hope you enjoy the helmet as much as I did. It no longer fit in the focus of my collection so I regretfully decided to send it to Bruce. The helmet was picked up in Normandy. It likely belonged to a RAD man working on the coastal defenses. Years ago, I saw an identical M42 posted which also had a number painted in white paint on the skirt. I am sure it was a shelf number as undoubtedly, these helmets were reissued as the posting was not permanent.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Vet bringback from Normandy ,The perfect helmet for me..
    If I am correct most RAD units in the US sector were on Utah beach and Cherbourg Area.
    You are so lucky Jim.
    Thank you for that info Bob,always nice to know where your helmet came from.
    chris

Bob, Thank you so much for the history behind this extraordinary helmet! My Uncle landed on D-Day, second wave, on bloody Omaha! He was the one that sparked my passion for history, and was the one from whom I got my first German helmet, when I was 8, 50 years ago, a no decal beat M40, which I still have! Best regards, Jim G.

I like the pictures Bob ,see part of your incredible collection.
    If you ever sell another great helmet like this you got some buyer here
    Chris

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2