Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Opinions on EF64 DD M35 please...

Article about: Hi Guys, am looking to buy this helmet. To me shell and decals look ok. I think liner might be ok, but am not sure. this because strap in my opinion is a classic repro. I am asking because I

Default Opinions on EF64 DD M35 please...

Hi Guys,

am looking to buy this helmet. To me shell and decals look ok.
    I think liner might be ok, but am not sure. this because strap in my opinion is a classic repro.

I am asking because I am not 100% convinced. Also helmet isnĀ“t a bargain, but reasonable priced.
    I would like some back up before I take a crack at this one.

thanks!

Opinions on EF64 DD M35 please...Opinions on EF64 DD M35 please...Opinions on EF64 DD M35 please...M35-4.jpgOpinions on EF64 DD M35 please...Opinions on EF64 DD M35 please...Opinions on EF64 DD M35 please...Opinions on EF64 DD M35 please...Opinions on EF64 DD M35 please...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Opinions on EF64 DD M35 please...
    P
    Many

Default Re: Opinions on EF64 DD M35 please...

My opinion is strap is junk, Heer decal might be ok but a lot of key areas are missing or damaged, tri color shield is repro, liner could be OK (i'm never good at liners), drawstring is not, the shell looks to have been repainted maybe wartime for M40 specs with a Heer applied. A little too messed with for my taste. Where are you finding these helmets?? And whats the asking price?

Thanks. Sometimes when I see a helmet with potential on an auction site heer in holland I post the pictures. This because I never trust a helmet that turns up on an auction site. its bidding starts and 600

I would pass on this one, a lot of repro components.

?

Pass, I agree.

Unless you know what to look for with helmets, I would stay away from auction sites. More times than not the helmet is either junk or completely messed with original shell, such as this one.

Agreed, if you want a good one look on the selling sections on the forums and the trusted dealer sites (I can only think of maybe 4 or 5 that I would trust). 600 euros is a good chunk of change, you can get a very nice one for that. For a little more you can get a real stunner

Chances are that if this one is in an auction it will hit over 800 even with the fake components. While we are on the subject, does everyone see the liner band rivet on the right side of the bottom picture at the top of the page? One of my own helmets has the rivet bulging out like that. Does anybody know why, I think Doug mentioned something about these one time?

Corey

Opinions on EF64 DD M35 please...

I've had a couple like that. They can work themselves out with heavy use sometimes, or more likely the liner has been removed by somebody who couldn't get it all back in perfectly and make the rivets flush. Liners can be a pain in the arse to put back sometimes.

Usually a sign of tampering, occasionally not. Taking everything else into consideration on this one I would say the liner has been out / swapped. Good spot.

As the others have said, the one is one to run away from. Auction sites are great for volume and prices but 99% of the time they are fakes or rebuilds. You certainly have to know your stuff before you hit those sites

Jason

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast