Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Opinions on Luftschutz Helmet and decal

Article about: Just picked this helmet up and wanted some opinions from the helmet Gurus! All opinions welcome.Thanks,Geoff

Default Opinions on Luftschutz Helmet and decal

Just picked this helmet up and wanted some opinions from the helmet Gurus! All opinions welcome.Thanks,Geoff
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Opinions on Luftschutz Helmet and decal   Opinions on Luftschutz Helmet and decal  

Opinions on Luftschutz Helmet and decal  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Opinions on Luftschutz Helmet and decal
    P
    Many

My first impression is that the decal looks like an addition. No problem with the helmet itself but that decal looks like it has been put on recently.

I agree, also looks somewhat different than the decal on my czech vz32-34 LS helmet, or are there variations of LS decals as well? Either way on mine the top feather thing looks different. This one also looks very white imo
    Luis

?

Agreed the veins on the oak leaves look really thick.

I will say these photographs are really good!

The decal is a fake sorry to say.

Agree....bad decal.
    D.

They are getting better (worse!) with these repros, they now have the space between the 2nd and third wing feathers, the sneaky b******s! Fake decal none the less. Jim G.

Yep, sorry Geoff, but that is a bad decal, clearly applied to the helmet after much wear was already in place. Leon.

The acorn lines didn't look right to me, but I held back a bit as I wasn't sure.
    Look on the bright side Geoff, at least it's not a fake SS decal.
    Nick

This is one example of a really obvious fake. A lot wrong with it. Have seen much better repros of these. Top decal is good, bottom bad
    D.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Opinions on Luftschutz Helmet and decal  
    Attached Images Attached Images Opinions on Luftschutz Helmet and decal 

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast