Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

opinions on this Luftwaffe m40

Article about: It is a good website. He has had some things I wanted but were already sold. Yes this helmet has been there along time. chris

Default opinions on this Luftwaffe m40

hello everyone im new to german helmets and this site but ive been on the usmilitaria forum for awhile. I am am about to buy this helmet as my first german helmet I have asked 2 people already and they think it is original but have never seen one painted like this before. here is a link to the site with some pretty good pictures.
    VeteransFootlocker.com

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement opinions on this Luftwaffe m40
    P
    Many

Default Re: opinions on this Luftwaffe m40

The decal is good the shell is ww2.
    That black paint was put there after the war for sure.
    Maybe GI maybe kid who knows
    chris

Don't forget to copy and post the photos please. Once you purchase this item, the link will die making this thread useless for further research. Thanks

?

Welcome to the forum!

Can the photos be copied and posted here please. When the helmet gets sold or the link goes dead we'll have a thread which will be discussing something no-one can see.......

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

the wear on the paint matches with the rest of the shell and I dont understand why it would be painted like that by someone. The seller is assuring me it is a original flak helper helmet and if I buy it I have 7 days to return for any reason. I know you guys know more than me but I still think its original. what would you pay for it if its original?

I have to get his permission to post the photos so hold on. I have not sent any money yet so I not sure if I should go for it.

Quote by CSM Gray View Post
    the wear on the paint matches with the rest of the shell and I dont understand why it would be painted like that by someone. The seller is assuring me it is a original flak helper helmet and if I buy it I have 7 days to return for any reason. I know you guys know more than me but I still think its original. what would you pay for it if its original?
    Post war done.
    I am thinking by a kid a long time ago.
    All three rivets are also painted black (I am sure that was regulation) joking.
    The reason flak helmet are black is to not be seen at night(the story goes)
    So why would you paint half of it and the botton part at that.
    Not a flak helper helmet sorry.The reason he is saying flak is to sell it.
    chris

so even though the decal is good its not worth $575? damn I can never find anthing when it comes to german helmets. just so everyone knows since I don't think im going to buy it im sure he will not allow me to use his pictures. I will still ask and I would like to see some other opinions please.

Hard to tell if the paint is original based on the photo, but the decal is clearly original. The size 60 shell and black paint support the possibility of a flak helmet, which is why I think the seller has labeled it as such.

I think its original but if people are skeptical I just cant go through with the purchase I think I saw this helmet a long time ago for sale on the website if its been there so long something has to wrong also look how the drawstring is in the liner it looks like someone didnt know what they were doing.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast