Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Opinions on this Luftwaffe M40

Article about: Hello Forum, I´m sorry i´m posting yet another Luftwaffe Helmet, but i´ve taken the advice of the forum seriously and found a much better helmet, for a better price. Its an Size 62, Et produ

Default Opinions on this Luftwaffe M40

Hello Forum,
    I´m sorry i´m posting yet another Luftwaffe Helmet, but i´ve taken the advice of the forum seriously and found a much better helmet, for a better price.
    Its an Size 62, Et produced M40, with the Lotnumber 1012. It has a complete liner and chinstrap, as well as a damaged but still good looking Luftwaffe Decal.
    I´m quite confident that its original, but i want would like to know what you think, before i buy it.
    Any Opinions would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,
    Adravor

Opinions on this Luftwaffe M40 Opinions on this Luftwaffe M40 Opinions on this Luftwaffe M40 Opinions on this Luftwaffe M40 Opinions on this Luftwaffe M40Opinions on this Luftwaffe M40

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Opinions on this Luftwaffe M40
    P
    Many

What's going on with the paint here? It looks black in these photos - is it just weird lighting?

Nick

It looks indeed very black, but i think the Luftwaffe blue can look almost black in some lighting?

I think the paint is OK but may have darkened with patina. In the fifth photo it looks a bit better and could as you say Nick and Adravor, may be down to the lighting. Would like to see what the other liner pins look like although the liner does look nice and tight.

Andy

MAP
    ?

Looks like a fine "used but not too abused" helmet.

I would however ask about the loose split pin. Maybe due to wear but best to have the seller send you some photos of the split pins to see if they've been tampered with.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I would also ask photos of the strap buckle and the maker stamp of the strap.
    Shell and liner look fine , but like Michael just to be sure get an inside photo of the 1 pin.

Thank you very much for the advice!
    I just bought the helmet, as the seller guarantees money back for 30 days after arrival.
    I will post better pictures of the Chinstrap and Split pins as soon as i get the helmet!

Regards,
    Adravor

The Helmet arrived today, i took a few outdoor pics.
    Opinions on this Luftwaffe M40Opinions on this Luftwaffe M40Opinions on this Luftwaffe M40Opinions on this Luftwaffe M40Opinions on this Luftwaffe M40

And here are Detail Pictures of the Split Pins, and the Chinstrap.
    2 Of the Pins are a bit loose, and because of that the liner is also a bit loose in the helmet, the thrid Pin sits thight, so that the liner is still stable.
    The Chinstrap is unmarked, maybe shortend by the soldier himself?
    Opinions on this Luftwaffe M40Opinions on this Luftwaffe M40Opinions on this Luftwaffe M40Opinions on this Luftwaffe M40Opinions on this Luftwaffe M40

Pics of the Split Pins inside. They all have their washers and look like they are in similar condition, a very interesting detail is that there is something that looks like a tooth pick stuck between one of the Pins and the helmet, maybe the soldier himself did that to make the liner more stable?
    Opinions on this Luftwaffe M40Opinions on this Luftwaffe M40
    The one with the Toothpick? between Pin and Helmet.
    Opinions on this Luftwaffe M40

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast