Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Opinions on m17

Article about: Throw it on ebay and try again. To me it's not worth the effort and you won't be entirely satisfied. This yellow paint will always be in the back of your mind.

Default Opinions on m17

I'm still learning about helmets and I need some opinions on this, to me the inside shell paint looks original and so does the liner but the chinstrap looks new and the camo paint on it looks new and aged, looks like it's been sanded down around the rim.Opinions on m17Opinions on m17Opinions on m17Opinions on m17Opinions on m17

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Opinions on m17
    P
    Many

Fake camo.
    chris

Looks like someone painted it with mustard. That's just fugly.

?

The edge is definitely sanded instead of worn. Bad sign.

Now that is a real shame that some clown slapped that horrid paint on the outside of the shell as the rest looks quite nice. Leon.

Your right Leon, he's a bigger clown for asking 800 for it!

Original nice helmet but you might try to carefully strip off that fake yellow type paint and have a nice WW1 helmet. timothy

Quote by timothy View Post
    Original nice helmet but you might try to carefully strip off that fake yellow type paint and have a nice WW1 helmet. timothy
    I don't think so , just a waste of time. Just buy yourself a nice one and stay away from the toxic fumes in trying to make a wreck into a lesser wreck.

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    I don't think so , just a waste of time. Just buy yourself a nice one and stay away from the toxic fumes in trying to make a wreck into a lesser wreck.
    Yeah but I have recovered some mighty fine original paint jobs under them toxic fumes. It can be done there is a thread on here about it. In the end it is his helmet he can do with it what he wants. timothy

It could be possible to take off the fake paint but it looks like the guy stripped what was left of the original paint underneath and sanded it. Shame

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast