Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Opinions on M40 helmet decal?

Article about: Hello Everyone, A few years ago I bought a badly altered M40 helmet for a very reasonable price (\\$75). Ever since then I have wondered if the decal is authentic, but never got around to post

Default Opinions on M40 helmet decal?

Hello Everyone,

A few years ago I bought a badly altered M40 helmet for a very reasonable price ($75). Ever since then I have wondered if the decal is authentic, but never got around to posting it until now. The helmet itself had been repainted, a new liner added, and extra bolts had been put on. If anyone could tell if at least the decal is authentic it would be much appreciated!
    -Jake

Opinions on M40 helmet decal?Opinions on M40 helmet decal?Opinions on M40 helmet decal?Opinions on M40 helmet decal?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Opinions on M40 helmet decal?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Opinions on M40 helmet decal?

Hello Fallschirmjager1941,
    Still new at this but learning as I go, You have a very nice Quist helmet it is the heaviest of the WWII German helmet models, Im seeing a Quist bigfoot decal, however the way it is peeling at the top makes me believe it is a replica decal and looks faded. Try to take some clearer pictures in daylight (filtered Sun preferably). Im sure our friends will have different comments for you here soon. I have a re-worked post war Quist64 with a replica decal I just posted and it turned out to be fake you could see the grid patterns up close during inspection.

The decal is fake

Quote by John Brandon View Post
    The decal is fake
    Hi,i agree with John on this one.The back ground to the decal is very pale,just not the right shade at all. Sorry, Leon.

ive been looking at this decal for a little bit and what puts me off. inside of the the right wing next to the body there a little triangle that is faceing the rong way. i hope you no what im refering to.

Thanks for the info!