Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Opinions on this m40 Luft Quist helmet

Article about: What do you think about it ??? Seems legit to me ... please be kind ;-) ... I am "almost" a newbie ... Thanks in advance, Eric

Quote by mmyers View Post
    I think I wasn't that well applied ... a little bit twisted
    Not unusual for Luftwaffe decals to be slightly askew. Many of them have a tilt, and some even have broken wings or swastika arms that were broken during application and applied anyway.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Opinions on this m40 Luft Quist helmet
    P
    Many

Quote by MD Helmets View Post
    Not unusual for Luftwaffe decals to be slightly askew. Many of them have a tilt, and some even have broken wings or swastika arms that were broken during application and applied anyway.
    Poorly applied Adlers appear a lot on Q shells. I am pretty sure this one was applied the morning after the factory Christmas party. Jim G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Opinions on this m40 Luft Quist helmet   Opinions on this m40 Luft Quist helmet  

Opinions on this m40 Luft Quist helmet   Opinions on this m40 Luft Quist helmet  

Good lord, they should have just scrapped that one and tried again!

?

Just missed it ... 574 $ ... grrrrr ...

Thanks for all your advices ! It was my first post on this forum ... lots of you helped ! Thanks again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

good for me.

?

I had just an argument my wife ... she said i bid to less for it ... may I a ask what you max bid was ? No problem if you don't want to answer ...

Hi Eric, it "was" a good Quist M40 Luftwaffe helmet! Over here in the UK it's value would be around £550 mark, so I guess that's maybe $700 ish? Leon.

Leon, I think $750 would be about right. NH

4md
    ?

Quote by helmet2id View Post
    All original. It is interesting that the liner band looks like it is a reinforced aluminum band, but the chinstrap bales are rounded, like what be on a steel band. This helmet was probably assembled in 1940, during the transition from aluminum banded to steel banded liners. Jim G.
    I like these helmets with bits pre and post 1940 regs, I have a m35 with a steel liner band but it has one square aluminium bale and one steel bale

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2