Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Opinions on this m42

Article about: I remember seeing an all original qvl helmet sell for a few thousand dollars in good condition. by TheGoon Haha your right but it's a maker that's not very common so I guess it is rare to ha

Default Opinions on this m42

He's asking around 130 for some of these helmets and he says they are from the war and then they were converted to the Czechs, but the maker says "cvl" I never seen a cvl maker?
    Attached Images Attached Images Opinions on this m42  Opinions on this m42 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Opinions on this m42
    P
    Many

It is qvl. It is a late war helmet by a rare maker. Jim G.

Not an often seen maker mark, as Jim said. As for price, ehhhh, I dunno. Up to you, but it's not in it's original condition so it's not one for me.

It is hard to find a qvl helmet, but ten times harder to find one that isn't messed with. I got to agree with Todd, there is little to no collector value in this one. Personally I don't think it is worth 130 in any currency.

Thanks guys for the info, I haven't even heard of the maker qvl till now so it must be rare! But yes it was completely messed with its a shame.

It could be nice for just a display piece, give it a nice paint job and throw a liner in it.

You could turn it into a nice restoration project...Untouched helmets are getting harder to find and too expensive for many collectors these days, and soon only relics and these reissues will be found at affordable prices...Just something to keep in mind...
    cheers, Glenn

Your right Glenn, there are also some expensive relics coming up here and there especially ss and ones with camo or wire etc. I have two relics in my collection which I got at a decent price even for the double decal m35 reissue, depends on where you look to buy I guess.

Quote by TheGoon View Post
    Your right Glenn, there are also some expensive relics coming up here and there especially ss and ones with camo or wire etc. I have two relics in my collection which I got at a decent price even for the double decal m35 reissue, depends on where you look to buy I guess.
    Hi , it's just my opinion but I personally feel that a helmet like this(even if it is a rare maker mark) has been completely ruined and is therefore of very little value. A battlefield relic however is worth collecting(even though I have none)as they have "naturally" ended up in the condition they are in from the passage of time and history. Leon.

Completely ruined for us TR collectors but just one of the tens of thousands of helmet shells left over and in need for re-equipping the post WW2 European armies.

If they only knew how annoyed and frustrated we would be 50 years later ..................... guess they wouldn't have cared less.
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast