MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Opinions on this m42

Article about: I remember seeing an all original qvl helmet sell for a few thousand dollars in good condition. by TheGoon Haha your right but it's a maker that's not very common so I guess it is rare to ha

mpw
    ?

But surely if it is a Czech re-paint then this is also part of the history of the helmet. I wonder if in years to come there will be many original re-painted post war helmets in their late 40's livery that haven't been 'restored'.

Mark.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Opinions on this m42
    P
    Many

Good point mark.

I agree with Mark. This kind of thing happens far too often and not just to helmets, you can apply this to firearms and even vehicles.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I suppose a point here is to also leave relics as is, and dont mess with however great the temptation is.

Quote by mpw View Post
    But surely if it is a Czech re-paint then this is also part of the history of the helmet. I wonder if in years to come there will be many original re-painted post war helmets in their late 40's livery that haven't been 'restored'.

Mark.
    Hi Mark , I agree with you on your point if you want the helmet in it's historic content as a re-issued one to the Czech forces. I am saying that to a Third Reich collector it is of little value as it is no longer a Third Reich helmet.I would leave it as it is and not "restore?" it ,but then again I would not be the buyer for it in the first place. Leon.

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Hi Mark , I agree with you on your point if you want the helmet in it's historic content as a re-issued one to the Czech forces. I am saying that to a Third Reich collector it is of little value as it is no longer a Third Reich helmet.I would leave it as it is and not "restore?" it ,but then again I would not be the buyer for it in the first place. Leon.
    Agree.

At best maybe restore as display it is a rare maker looks to me typical Czek used post war helmet some say fire dept use. timothy

why is everyone so choked up about it being a rare maker ? It's not as if collectors are tripping over each other in search for a qvl helmet , in fact there are not that many collectors whom collect by maker anyway. They just go for the good helmets whatever the maker. This one is a write off.
    Just my opinion.

qvl helmets are known as the unknown "sixth maker". I have a friend who has one that's been restored.

Haha your right but it's a maker that's not very common so I guess it is rare to have. Too bad it's not in its original condition that's the big issue.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast