Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Opinions on M42 helmet

Article about: I would say that's a good deal. Only the liner is worth 150 and a good spare part. //Al

?

I would say that's a good deal. Only the liner is worth 150 and a good spare part.

//Al

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Opinions on M42 helmet
    P
    Many

Here is the liner pin in the back - in my opinion it looks perfect.

Regards
    Replace
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Opinions on M42 helmet  

Hi , this helmet has seen better days but I guess the price being asked is not un-reasonable if it is a good M42,that said the steel does appear a bit thin to my eye too.The chinstrap has those "fuzzy" looking edge's that are usually a good sign of fake. This may sound strange but in your pictures I cannot see a rear helmet pin? Is it just the angle or is it missing?Or is there even one in this helmets design? Leon.

?

My suggestion was for you to look inside the front dome of the helmet to feel for a piece of protruding metal, it will be very small if and I say if its a Spanish miners helmet, the reason I'm asking this is because of the discoloration in the paint at the front which 'could mean that the metal clip might have been removed

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Hi , this helmet has seen better days but I guess the price being asked is not un-reasonable if it is a good M42,that said the steel does appear a bit thin to my eye too.The chinstrap has those "fuzzy" looking edge's that are usually a good sign of fake. This may sound strange but in your pictures I cannot see a rear helmet pin? Is it just the angle or is it missing?Or is there even one in this helmets design? Leon.
    English is not my first language so I sometimes use other words than the correct ones.

I have posted a picture of the rear helmet pin, seen from inside the helmet.
    ...I just wrote - liner pin in the back.

Hope you understand.

Regards
    Replace

There are no protruding metal pieces inside the dome of the helmet.

Hope you can see the thickness of the steel better is these pictures - I would say its okay.

Regards
    Replace
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Opinions on M42 helmet   Opinions on M42 helmet  

Opinions on M42 helmet   Opinions on M42 helmet  

Opinions on M42 helmet  

To put it plainly, if you are looking for a good, complete and authentic WWII German helmet, this is no one.

Quote by helmetone View Post
    To put it plainly, if you are looking for a good, complete and authentic WWII German helmet, this is no one.
    Could you explain this?

I am not looking for a 400-500USD German helmet - not right now anyway.

I have been offered this helmet, and I am about to find out, if I want to buy this helmet.
    ...therefore I need opinions on this helmet.

Regards
    Replace

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2