Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Opinions on this m42 helmet

Article about: Hey guys, Any opinions on this helmet would be great, is it original? Cheers, Adam Annoyed from this ads?  

Default Opinions on this m42 helmet

Hey guys,

Any opinions on this helmet would be great, is it original?

Cheers,
    Adam

Opinions on this m42 helmetOpinions on this m42 helmetOpinions on this m42 helmetOpinions on this m42 helmetOpinions on this m42 helmetOpinions on this m42 helmet

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Opinions on this m42 helmet
    P
    Many

M38
    ?

From these pictures, it looks fine to me. Can't tell from the photos if the chinstrap is okay but don't see any red flags on most of what is showing. Maybe check the rivets for extra bends and make sure slotted washers are present, the rivets do look rusty compared to the rest. But overall it appears to be a nice late war no decal M42 by ckl.

Cheers,
    Terry

Is that pitting in the dome covered by paint? I think the drawstring is a replacement. I'm not 100% on the strap. Maybe it's the photos but I'm not sold on this helmet.

I'd say it's had a liner transplant too. Looking at the inside dome o this is actually even more obvious... there's some serious pitting going on there but the liner is still nice and bright. There's a chance the rivets might still be original to the helmet, at the very least they look like a matching set in terms of condition, but I can't see the liner leather being native to this piece.

There's also a lot of white to both the exterior and interior, at first I was thinking former whitewash or something similar but in places it just looks like some kind of mineral deposits.

Doesnt look the dome has been covered by paint, it looks more like the paint has worn off. But it is hard to tell.

Cheers,
    Adam

Repro strap for sure.........
    Regards,

Steve.