Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Opinions Needed on a Luftschutz Decal

Article about: Hello, This Luftschutz decal is on a square dip M34 civic helmet. The decal looks like it was applied with wrinkles or had air pockets under it as there are numerous crack lines where the de

Default Opinions Needed on a Luftschutz Decal

Hello,
    This Luftschutz decal is on a square dip M34 civic helmet. The decal looks like it was applied with wrinkles or had air pockets under it as there are numerous crack lines where the decal has worn off. It has been painted around so the edges are not all visible. Does the decal look good? The way the decal was applied gives me concern. I took photos from two different angles. Any opinions are always appreciated. Thank you, MikeOpinions Needed on a Luftschutz DecalOpinions Needed on a Luftschutz Decal

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Opinions Needed on a Luftschutz Decal
    P
    Many

?

I does look rather shoddy IMO, I highly suspect it did not leave the factory in this condition, I will defer to the helmet guys.. G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Hi, the slightly "golden tint" to the decal makes me suspect that it was lacquered and that has caused the cracking. Quite common to see on HEER decals and that gets them mistaken for Kreigsmarine ones due to the colour change, but it's not something so often seen on a Luftschutz. Leon.
    Last edited by FALLSCHIRMJAGER; 01-16-2019 at 02:25 PM.

The decal is perfectly fine. Decals were often placed out of alignment or with parts folded over each other.

Thank you for your expertise gentlemen, it is much appreciated. Here are the other two decals which made me want to verify the Luftschutz was good. All three have been painted around and the comb has also been painted black.Opinions Needed on a Luftschutz DecalOpinions Needed on a Luftschutz DecalOpinions Needed on a Luftschutz DecalOpinions Needed on a Luftschutz DecalOpinions Needed on a Luftschutz DecalOpinions Needed on a Luftschutz Decal

All decals are good.

?

That is a cool helmet with all those decals

Thank you for all your help gentlemen!