Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Opinions needed on M40

Article about: Hello guys, I have had this baby sitting on the shelf for a while and have always wondered about the heavy textured paint on it. Is it zimmerit by chance or a re-issue of some sorts? I think

?

Default Re: Opinions needed on M40

yeah, for while people were saying in WWI soldats didnt paint their helmets camo.Because there wasnt period photos
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Opinions needed on M40   Opinions needed on M40  

Opinions needed on M40  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Opinions needed on M40
    P
    Many

The zimmerit discussion has been waged across the boards for years now and guess what no zimmerit helmet worthy of discussion has ever been found.
    Apparently it would weigh too much and what's the use of applying it if you could just mix paint with sand for the same effect.

I agree Frank, that the need to protect against magnetic mines probably doesn't extend to helmets.......

Dan

Good looking reissue.

I've changed my mind about it being an M35, I think it is an M40 as you say in the original post. SE had very large and distinctive M40/42 vents, the reissue paint is making them look a little like '35 inserts. Late war M40 reissue IMO Can you read the liner date? Sometimes you can read it backwards from the inside of the band if it is really in there tight.

Quote by Danmark View Post
    I agree Frank, that the need to protect against magnetic mines probably doesn't extend to helmets.......

Dan
    True, most people tend to notice someone sticking a magnetic mine to their head.

?

The liner band is in there nice and tight and reads 1943. I am after careful review thinking it is an M35 now. Thanks for all the kind words, I am considering selling this, what do these go for these days?

$600 ish? Something around there I reckon. Can you get a picture of the back of the vent, if it's not too much trouble? It'll drive me crazy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2