Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

opinions please

Article about: I want to start by saying this helmet is not for sale,it is not why I am asking of its authenticity.I bought this helmet in 1975 from a collector friend.He could not guarantee it was SS so I

Default opinions please

I want to start by saying this helmet is not for sale,it is not why I am asking of its authenticity.I bought this helmet in 1975 from a collector friend.He could not guarantee it was SS so I got it pretty cheep.The SS runes were on the left side and appear to have been faded into the finish before being scratched off.please view pics and comment.Thanks.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture opinions please   opinions please  

opinions please   opinions please  

opinions please   opinions please  

opinions please  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement opinions please
    P
    Many

Hi , i'm afraid ET64 2620 is listed as single decal Luftwaffe in the lot numbers book.I think I can just make out the tip of the adlers wing to the right of the decal remains. It is possible that it was re-issued but I doubt it. It looks as though there may have been two decals(one on top of the other) as it appears to show signs of two "black borders". I think when the runes are on this side of the helmet they were usually for foreign volunteer units. Once again there is no way of telling if the runic decal was original from these pictures. Leon.

Thank you for the info,I paid $50 for this in 75,I can't help but think the way it is faded into the finish it is period,but I am probably wrong.

I have to agree with Leon I got one like that orig paint liner chinstrap a couple of years after you bought that for Seventy Five dollars back in them days. Some one had put Fake SS decals on right side and removed them it looked similar to yours. timothy