Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Opinions on this single decal Luftwaffe helmet?

Article about: I came across this helmet and would like your opinions on it, and any info you can tell me. All the seller said is it's a raw edge type with '70' stamped inside, which as far as I'm aware in

Default Opinions on this single decal Luftwaffe helmet?

I came across this helmet and would like your opinions on it, and any info you can tell me. All the seller said is it's a raw edge type with '70' stamped inside, which as far as I'm aware indicates size? From what little I know, my assessment of this would be that all is original apart from the liner- I'd like to know however if the two tones on this helmet are paint and bare metal or just two coats, one of which has worn off? Lastly, I'd like to know what price range you would say is reasonable for this piece.
    Thanks,
    Mat
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Opinions on this single decal Luftwaffe helmet?   Opinions on this single decal Luftwaffe helmet?  

Opinions on this single decal Luftwaffe helmet?   Opinions on this single decal Luftwaffe helmet?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Opinions on this single decal Luftwaffe helmet?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Opinions on this single decal Luftwaffe helmet?

A very quick answer before I go to bed as it is late; it is junk.

Lots of problems, from paint to decal to liner.

Cheers, Ade.

Ah, well I greatly appreciate the help. The only thing that I picked up on was the strange silhouette around the decal, though I knew the liner was definitely fake. I have a lot to learn.

?

Hello Mat, I'm sure you will get alot of opinions from qualified collectors but better pics would help. the raw edge the seller refers to is the unrolled rim on an M42 as opposed to the rolled edges of the m40 helmet. it looks like it has camo paint as the second tone which is often faked to enhance the value. the paint or reidue around the eagle do not look good but without better pics it's hard to say. wait for some experts to chime in. cheers, Al.

?

Never mind, Ade is the expert. look no further.