MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

opions please possible KIA de-Nazified

Article about: Hi. I would like opinions on this M40 please. Decal has been scraped off right down to the metal. Apparently taken off a KIA and the liner removed for obvious reasons(not by me).

?

Ask the seller how he knows it was a kIA, if he has provenance from a past owner.
    Usually the KIA from a seller without provenance is just to bump up the price.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement opions please possible KIA de-Nazified
    P
    Many

Quote by visor View Post
    Ask the seller how he knows it was a kIA, if he has provenance from a past owner.
    Usually the KIA from a seller without provenance is just to bump up the price.
    Thank you. I will ask but doubt I'll get much more info. Basically it was a local pick up and the price was right to me. He said It was brought in by someone who had it in the family that was brought back from a German shot in the head. Thanks again to everyone on the opinions. It is very much appreciated.

Presumably, the German was lying down with his eyes at 90 degrees to the horizon then. Or maybe flat on his back looking up at the sky!

Never believe stories without cast-iron proof. They are usually concocted to make an item more desirable.

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    Presumably, the German was lying down with his eyes at 90 degrees to the horizon then. Or maybe flat on his back looking up at the sky!

Never believe stories without cast-iron proof. They are usually concocted to make an item more desirable.
    Or one could presume a sniper shot at a high elevation such as a roof top aiming down for a head shot but you are correct. No proof either way. Thanks again.

Holes on the top of the shell like the one in this thread sometimes were made to secure the helmet to a grave marker in the field. Who knows if that was what happened to this one. Jim G.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2