MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

'Org Todt' helmet

Article about: I came across this a few days ago, I thought it was interesting (though I didn't buy it). At the time of seeing it, I had never seen or heard of this organisation, and only knew that 'Todt'

Default Re: 'Org Todt' helmet

I should have mentioned this in the opening post, it is indeed ex-RLB, according to the seller. I'm not considering purchasing, but for those interested, it was priced at £285. I wasn't anticipating this helmet to be quite so controversial!

Mat

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 'Org Todt' helmet
    P
    Many

Default Re: 'Org Todt' helmet

Todt decals like Sauerland decals are much faked. I would not quickly consider ever buying one of either.

?

Default seems original todt helmet

[QUOTE=Sir Payne;602711]Here is an original Organization Todt helmet from the collection of Mr. Niewiarowicz. He believes this is the only Todt decal which consistently hits on all points regarding authenticity. This one is placed on an M42. Notice the pointed bottom

Hi there,
    I am from Germany and have an Org Todt helmet from an old man. Only the cross from the decal is destroyed/scratched away.
    Mine looks the same as this helmet. It is an M42 ET64 with the decal which is a little bit sharper at the bottom...not as much round as the last pictures.
    The other helmets here look very old, too...maybe there were 2 different types and decals. You are all right...the todt helmets are too rare in order to say which is original.
    But I can only agree that mine helmet is exactly the same as Mr. Niewiarowicz his m42 helmet.
    Hope this will help you.
    Best regards from Germany

[QUOTE=crow20;971856]
    Quote by Sir Payne View Post
    Here is an original Organization Todt helmet from the collection of Mr. Niewiarowicz. He believes this is the only Todt decal which consistently hits on all points regarding authenticity. This one is placed on an M42. Notice the pointed bottom

Hi there,
    I am from Germany and have an Org Todt helmet from an old man. Only the cross from the decal is destroyed/scratched away.
    Mine looks the same as this helmet. It is an M42 ET64 with the decal which is a little bit sharper at the bottom...not as much round as the last pictures.
    The other helmets here look very old, too...maybe there were 2 different types and decals. You are all right...the todt helmets are too rare in order to say which is original.
    But I can only agree that mine helmet is exactly the same as Mr. Niewiarowicz his m42 helmet.
    Hope this will help you.
    Best regards from Germany
    I would love to see it , please post some photos. Without pictures it is impossible to confirm what you have is original.

Would like to see it also.
    chris

Once the photograph is enhanced, it doesn't appear to be a round bottom.
    'Org Todt' helmet
    IMO, it has the same dimensions as the example Sir Payne posted.

'Org Todt' helmet'Org Todt' helmet
    Both examples seem to have the point at the bottom. I would say they are they same, remember the relic helmets decal is at a different angle. I don't know if they are from the TR era, though, but I do prefer the aging on the decal with this example.

We are in 2016, no picture ?
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

Andthis one ?
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast