Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Orig Camo paint job

Article about: thanks for the reposting the interesting image jeff

Default Re: Reputable Helmet Dealer

Exactly, Sean-but what Dave is saying, is that without concrete proof, your opinion could be taken as a defamation of character of an established businessman that could damage or ruin his business and reputation and you could end up getting sued and very likely lose. Opinions are one thing, but when specific instances are cited, it can become litigatable. A person has to be extremely careful in cases such as these.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Orig Camo paint job
    P
    Many

?

What I meant to say really came out wrong I have heard thing about him that I am not sure are 100% percent true and am looking for others insight is really what I meant to say thanks for helping me clear my thoughts up. Also in no way am I try to destroy his reputation I am just trying to find out for myself if what he has or says is always true I understand that every dealer has a slip up here or there or is wrong. My words just came acrossed the wrong way, hope you can understand what I am saying

Default Re: Orig Camo paint job

This is almost Certainly done with a can of spray paint. Canned spray paint was not invented until 1949. A pity, they ruined what looked to have been a nice helmet.
    William

The rank designation has me worried. Surely a Leutnant would abbreviate with a 'Leut' rather than the more anglo 'Lt' designation?

Maybe it was the name of the guy who brought it back? I particularly like the sloppy smudging and finger prints in it. Looks like the work of a GI!
    William

?

This IS done with a spraygun. Someone ****ed up the helmet big time...!!! Not nice!!!

Perhaps it would be better to post an image of a helmet you don't like and explain the points that worry you?

?

Which internetsite does he have?

K.

?

I don't have a dog in this race, but it seems the photos were either taken under very bright studio lights or using "twin flash." That could make it apear a little glossy.

Best Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

?

I'm hoping that if this is a fake cam job, which I personaly think it is, that it was done years ago whn people didn't know better

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast