Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Orig Camo paint job

Article about: thanks for the reposting the interesting image jeff

?

Default Re: Orig Camo paint job

Hello if any of the moderators believe that this will hurt his reputation as a business man than I would like to have this thread removed, In the process of showing concern of a helmet I have some what blow this out of proportion, I know he has authentic helmets and would just like to see if anyone had any problems with him or other things. I think people are going to get the wrong idea from this, Ken sell original items on his sight but I have seen some not so good ones other places.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Orig Camo paint job
    P
    Many

The helmet in question appears original to me. As someone else has mentioned, the glossy look is due to bright lights when it was photographed. Not to mention, K.N. has way more experience then any of us when it comes to German helmets, and I for one trust his opinion.

Corey

?

Quote by gel65 View Post
    Hello if any of the moderators believe that this will hurt his reputation as a business man than I would like to have this thread removed, In the process of showing concern of a helmet I have some what blow this out of proportion, I know he has authentic helmets and would just like to see if anyone had any problems with him or other things. I think people are going to get the wrong idea from this, Ken sell original items on his sight but I have seen some not so good ones other places.
    Your question is valid and any dealer has to be able to stand on his own two feet. Re the helmet, anything on Oakleaf needs to be scrutinized very carefully. The camo is unusual, and merits a closer look I agree. Someone with Ken's experience I want to see their rationale on a piece like this.

Cheers
    Doug

?

I'm not saying this is the case here but worth remembering that that COAs can be faked too......!

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

It's simple enough-that helmet was Obviously spray painted. It Certainly was not painted with a brush. Now, either it was painted with a Real Small paint sprayer that the soldier somehow had the equipment out in the field with him to use or else it was a Spray Can that was used. Spray cans were not invented until 1949, and even then, the first spray paint in a can was Aluminum-not some bizarre yellow color. So, unless the soldier who owned this helmet projected himself into the future by at Least 4 or 5 years or so, this helmet could Not have been painted in the time period stated.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

William I just noticed your signature and had a good laugh! Also your a Lord of the Rings fan I see. Two thumbs up!

William <--- Not a Key Member...

Quote by gel65 View Post
    He sells online so you have every right to get a second opinion on his helmets , no problem. It's done on every forum.
    Potential Buyers do not always have to agree with what dealers sell , in fact it is a good thing that we as collectors can discuss items freely.
    Remember it's always about the item , COA's are worthless.
    Ken is a good guy to buy from with a solid warranty but he is human and has made mistakes in the past , like we all do.
    Especially with camo's it's best to feel what the community thinks. You don't want a camo everyone or 50% dislikes.

?

Quote by gel65 View Post
    Its gonna take more than this thread to hurt Ken's name. He is a highly reputable and respected dealer. A couple of my best heer's came from his site. Ken is not gonna jeopardize his name or business for a helmet. I highly recommend him!

Samir

Quote by Adrian View Post
    I'm not saying this is the case here but worth remembering that that COAs can be faked too......!
    I was thinking the same thing. Perhaps Ken has never even seen this helmet before?

I agree, Glenn. It is hard to imagine that Ken-the guy who wrote, basically, the German helmet Bible, could have looked at this piece and gave it a green light. It's obviously spray painted.
    William

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast